-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Well the kids series is just simple, clean, adventure stories for about ages 8-14. Four brothers and sisters go underground, in the mountains, to Florida, and solve a few mysteries. 😉 I’ve gotten really good reviews on them since I published the first two in 2014.
The novel is a time travel book I finished in 2016 but we’ve had a…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice By the way, have you ever published a book before? I’ve published 7 so far, though none as grand as yours. 6 books in a kids series and a 300 page novel. No real themes to speak of. But just wondering what your publishing experience is.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Or the fact that they’re staying up til 2 discussing it with you? 🙂 I’m in the US on the East Coast.
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Featured Pictures for Posts in the forum Publishing & Platform 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 No, I just didn’t mention them. But I checked out iStock and it looks wonderful. Thanks!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice I’m glad I didn’t lose it after all. Whew! At least now I only have one thing to rewrite. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
Oh Hooray! I found it! It disappeared for a little while, but clicking back into “history” I was able to salvage it. 🙂 Here it is:
@seekjustice That’s a little hard to answer, actually, since I come from the same viewpoint and am automatically reading it assuming she did something wrong, and interpreting what’s written to read that she did so…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Can the same thing happen twice in one night?!!! I just wrote a really long response to your questions and lost it all! I’ll try to rewrite it if I decide I have the patience. 🙂
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@sage-g You haven’t seen scary until you’ve seen some of my drawings! I feel like I’m improving a bit, I use the Manga for the Beginner by Christopher Hart, which is really good.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Cliches of Dystopian Novels in the forum Sci-Fi 8 years, 8 months ago
@jane-mare Oooh, thank you so much! I was thinking of buying the Hunger Games series and the Mission League books. I actually just ordered book 1 of the Out of Time series, so that’s on it’s way! (yaaaaay! *throws confetti*) Sadly though, I bought Counted Worthy several months back, but after my dad looked into it and read reviews, there was…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice Thanks, I tried that, but it’s really gone. 🙁 Oh well.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Salutations! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 8 months ago
@kaya-young Welcome! Did you possibly get your topic title, (Salutations,) from Charlotte’s Web?
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
@waterlily *tearfully accepts sympathy* *cheers up* Maybe! I hope so. I remember the gist of what I wrote, so I’ll go from there. I guess 500 words doesn’t seem like a whole lot in novel terms, but it was for a short story, so a whole page missing is probably about an eighth of the whole thing.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writers' Corner #12 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Somebody sympathize with me, please! I just found out I lost probably five hundred words that weren’t autosaved when my computer died! 🙁 I was really stupid not to save it every five minutes, but it’s too late now, and it’s all gone.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal Could you point out a place where they aren’t relevant? I can’t find any myself, but that could be because I wrote it. 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Stars Fill Infinity in the forum Novel Critique Requests 8 years, 8 months ago
@seekjustice “Only One main character dies!” I might be able to handle that. At the end of Stars Fill Infinity I totally agreed with Chess that I couldn’t take it anymore! 🙂 By the time you finish the sequel I will probably have healed from the trauma of watching all those characters die.
But seriously, though I usually do feel like that…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@jenwriter17 Please do! I’m glad you like it! And I will need a lot more advice before I can make this story as clean and smooth as it should be.
Here is the link again, in case it’s hard to find in all the posts going back and forth here.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Does This Style Make Any Sense? in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@sam-kowal Thanks for your comments.
Are his recollections about his street life irrelevant to what is happening? I wanted to have them in there so you get a little bit of his background, and he uses them to explain why he acts certain ways.
@waterlily I actually agree. 🙂 I never use this type of voice, which is why I posted it here, be…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Story Idea in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 8 years, 8 months ago
@skredder I told you before that I thought the idea was a good one. 🙂 The opening you posted sounds great, except for the fact that in the very first couple of sentences I had to read them several times before I figured out who was talking. I thought the little six-year-old girl was the one who had been gone, which obviously wouldn’t make s…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Any Manga Style Artists Out There? in the forum Art 8 years, 8 months ago
@warrenluther04 Sure! Do you have certain things you like to draw? People? Animals? Chibis? If you want you can post some of your artwork too. I’m going to too, once I figure out a few technical problems….
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Readers' Corner in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 8 months ago
Currently reading my history book
- Load More
