-
ClaireC replied to the topic Kingdom Pen Captions in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@radically-surrendered, *gasp* you’re right!
@dragon-snapper, Doctor, doctor, come quickly, everyone’s *dying*! What do you prescribe?
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Oh, yep, there you go. XD
-
Grace H. replied to the topic Short Story for my Novel in the forum Short Story Critiques 8 years, 7 months ago
@skredder I liked it! I think the dynamic between Casse and Aldred is really sweet. (I have to admit, at the beginning the name Cassandra threw me off, because in Ranger’s Apprentice the princess is named Cassandra, and she does sneak out at night, too.)
I share the problem mentioned earlier, though, in that it’s a bit confusing at the end. Maybe…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Yes, that’s the one I was talking about. At the beginning and at the end they show that Steve crashed in the Arctic and was frozen for 70 years, effectively time-traveling to the present day, because he did not grow older those seventy years in between, and remembered nothing of it.
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong That was a really long list – and I have many more recommendations I could give you! But please let me know if you like any of these, as I’d love to hear that someone else enjoys the same books I do – since most people have never heard of most of those books. 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@aislinn-mollisong Okayyy, but isn’t The Enchanted Barn “just living”?
So, here we go:
Western:Â William MacLeod Raine, B. M. Bower, and Zane Grey are my favorite authors in this category.
Romance: G.L. Hill, you know…Definitely read Marcia Schuyler and The Strange Proposal. Rosa Nouchette Carey wrote some pretty deep romances, but they get v…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine, Sorry, just got back from church. 🙂
I haven’t read a whole lot of time travel, but I’m certainly open to it.
And the Captain America I’m talking about is ‘The First Avenger’. The one with Hydra (look it up) 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17, Well, Jared is Edd “Kookie” Byrnes, who is a pretty well-known icon of 1950s “beatnik” culture, so it’s possible you’ve seen his picture somewhere. He’s from 77 Sunset Strip, like Derek (Roger Smith).
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Hello! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@josiebeth I love K. M. Weiland too! I’ve read her Outlining Your Novel, Structuring Your Novel, and Creating Character Arcs (and I use the workbooks). I haven’t actually read any of her fiction yet though.
If you like to read fantasy, Chuck Black and Robert Treskillard has some really good ones!
I always thought ukulele looked like a lot of…[Read more]
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young thanks! I really like short names and Rin seemed to fit her personality really well
@rochellaine nice collages! I tried really hard to recognize some of the faces. but, alas, I don’t think I know them. I almost thought Jared looked familiar…..
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel, well the episodes are on dailymotion.com, if you’re interested. It’s a detective show, so there’s action and spy stuff, and there are funny parts, too. I know you don’t like one-episode romances, and there’s some of that, but I know there are some episodes without it. Kind of like Star Trek, you know?
Speaking of Star Trek, have…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Annnd, signing off. I need to get to bed *sigh*
858 words today! Whooop
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine *backs off* Ah, heheh… Yeah, silly thing really…
Yeah, sorry, I’ve never heard of him. *scratches head* But Jeff Spencer sounds a little familiar…
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel *fumes* How dare she say every actor looks like William Shatner?!! Shatner’s barely even handsome! There was as great a diversity among men in the 50s/60s as there is now!
😀 haha. I know for people who don’t make a study of the 50s/60s like I do won’t have as easy a time differentiating faces. He’s actually Roger Smith from the sh…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine *wishes she recognized him* It looks like William Shatner, but then again all 1950s-60s actors look like William Shatner to me XD
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
Oh, and @kaya-young I am thinking of naming my book something like “Winds of the West,” or “Growing Winds,” so yes, it’s referring to when he caught Chara, but in a more general way. You’ll notice I mentioned the “winds” in the very first collage as well.
-
Joy replied to the topic *waves manically* ;P in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl GAA! I missed your post about Dr Who! *shakes head at self*
Yesss, you’ve seen the First Dr! FYI, the next episode series after Unearthly Child, called The Daleks, was really good. And really long. It was the first appearance of the Daleks!
Yes, Five is my favorite. He’s cool! But I’d watch the Fourth first if I were you…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Character/Fiction inspired Typography/Art in the forum Art 8 years, 7 months ago
@kaya-young The snake is there for a reason. A bad reason, presumably, since snakes usually do everything for bad reasons. Right?
Yeah, the main picture is not really what she looks like. It’s sort of what she looks like when she’s dressed up. Her hair is straighter than that. She actually looks mostly like the one in the bottom corner of D…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice @clairec @anyone
I’m still here XD
- Load More
