-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Yessss… 😀 So it makes sense why I’m listening to a slow romance song by Andre Bocelli? ? No…. Haha!
XD I’m sure you can do it. And if not, I’m also sure we ‘negotiate.’ 😉
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Oh! I just thought of someone!!! Or, two people. Colonel Nobody and Edmund from The Boy Colonel by John J. Horn! Colonel Nobody is adorably confused with the sudden armful of loveliness thrust upon him in the shape of Lady Liana, and Edmund is a great pal and counselor. I can’t decide who I like better. Anyone else read that book?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@seekjustice Writing my novel, Foundations. *rubs hand* Exciting suspenseful scene. 😀 😀
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@jenwriter17 I like several of the guys in Chuck Black’s books, too. I especially liked Leinad, Gavinaugh, and Dalton. (I was so happy when Dalton and Carliss finally ended up together.)
@livgiordano I liked Drew pretty well in the first book. I didn’t end up reading the sequels because I heard they didn’t end well. 🙁 Oh, the Crown and Cove…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose @seekjustice Still there? I might be able to join you for a few minutes.
-
ClaireC replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine, you have??? That’s amazing! Definitely look them up. You can only get a few on kindle, but they’re still worth the read.
-
Jenna Terese replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine lol, this topic!
well, I’ve never had a crush on a character, but I really liked the guys in Chuck Black’s books. and I liked Jude in A Time to Die by Nadine Brandes.
there may be more, but they’re not coming to mind… 🙂
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@clairec Yes, Mikkel and Bree are both amazing! (I almost got mad at Tully when Mikkel found out about him…) Have you read the other Lois Walfrid Johnson series?
Guess what? I actually have heard of the Billabong series. (I have no idea where!) But never read them, so I’ll look them up! And they’re not as old as most books I read! The …[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Writer's Corner #13 in the forum General Writing Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Sorry we missed you @skredder!
-
ClaireC replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine, oooooh, good topic choice! 😉
Um, well, I’ve never had a crush at all, but guys in books that I think are likeable…
I agree with your choice of Mikkel. He had a great character arc, meaning he never seemed like a villain, but more of a second protagonist who didn’t see eye-to-eye with Bree. Also, I was waiting and waiting for him…[Read more]
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel *Winks* That’s why I started it! 😀
Ohh, I think I really need to read The Wingfeather Saga. I’ve heard a lot of good things about it! 🙂
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
psstt, @dekreel… page 31!
-
Joy replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@rochellaine HAHA this is a funny topic!
I find Calvin from Wrinkle in Time admirable, just not cute
Lessee… I’ve always really liked this guy named Victor from a children’s series I tried to write a few years ago. He’s adorable XD
Who else… Um… *COUGHharrypotterCOUGH* So yeah…
Janner from The Wingfeather Saga
And maybe one or two…[Read more]
-
Joy posted an update 8 years, 7 months ago
Last night I had a dream where a few people and I were in our driveway, and for some reason I had two tiny plane propellers about the size of fidget spinners. I could fly with them. So I was amusing everyone in my neighborhood by flying around.
@dragon-snapper was guiding me around in the air, I think. Maybe with a rope. So she was flying and…[Read more]
-
Joy replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@foreverme I have not joined the Aetherlight yet, but I have been actively stalking the forums X)
@ariella-newheart I second @clairec. You HAVE to read LOKD! It is awesome. And there’s a sequel on page 37!
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Um, I guess you could also count one of your own characters? Not in a story you read, but a story you wrote. :p
But then analyzing the fact that they were created by you could end up confusing…who do you really love? Yourself, since you created the character?
-
Rochellaine started the topic In Honor of Valentine's Day… in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
Hi Everyone! In honor of Valentine’s day I’m starting a topic where I’m going to ask you if you remember any of your character crushes! 😀
Do you remember falling in love with a character in a book and wishing they were real? Who was he/she?
(This is not for tv/movie crushes. Those are real people. I’m talking about the purely imag…[Read more]
-
ClaireC posted an update 8 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper, it was so long since I was here, I just found your topic asking for advice on LOKD 3. Have you ‘released’ it yet? Did I miss it? *gasp*
-
@clairec Worry not! I haven’t released it yet! 😀 Actually, I’m rethinking it to another idea… 😛
Hehehehe… Don’t worry. I’ll be sure to tag you when I do release it. 🙂
-
Thank goodness! If you put any Aussies in (there are so many of us here now! I can’t believe Anna-brie, Tessa (bluejay) and I were the only ones to start with!) please do make it nice and cliche! You know, all of us riding kangaroos, and offering everyone meat pies or snags (sausages) like,
“What’s wrong?”
*crying* “Boo hoo! ___________!”
“Oh.…[Read more]-
@clairec I know! That feels so long ago!
I’ll make it as cliche as I can. (bloomin’ onions, kangaroos, surf boards, safaris, range rovers, jeeps, and sausages.) 😛
-
@dragon-snapper, and cricket, rugby, koalas, sand, sunburn, not knowing what snow is, etc. Looking forward to it! 😀
-
-
-
-
-
Rochellaine replied to the topic Book Recommendations in the forum Book Discussions 8 years, 7 months ago
@dekreel So, @sam-kowal mentioning historical science fiction by Jules Verne reminded me that one of the most well-known science fiction series ever is the Tom Swift series by Edward Stratemeyer. The first series was written in the early 1900s, and was a huge success, but most of the inventions Tom made have now been made in real life, such as t…[Read more]
-
ClaireC replied to the topic Hi, I'm Ari! in the forum Start HERE 8 years, 7 months ago
@ariella-newheart, those are good suggestions of @foreverme. Writer’s Corner is one of the most practical topics here.
kingdompen.org/forums/topic/writers-corner-13/
The very first thing, though should be @dragon-snapper ‘s story, ‘The Legends of King Daeus.’ All the inside jokes will suddenly make sense!…[Read more]
- Load More

@dekreel XD That’s awesome. You know you’re a Kapeefer when you have KP dreams.