-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@overcomer it reads like a poem, but in theory it’s a prayer. I love it! Polish it up a bit, and I think it will be absolutely beautiful. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Wingfeather Saga Fandom SPOILERS (Also, endings again) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I like them if they force me to think. Otherwise they just annoy me.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Hey, this is an awesome topic @Daeus. Thanks so much for starting it.
Your theory is perfectly accurate— that’s a really good way to look at it. A plot-twist is when you reach the door at the end of the tunnel and it slams in your face, but a second door opens to your right. You’re still moving forward, but the playing field has changed.Oh…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@overcomer Hey, I love that pun!
So we are officially reading through at a pace of two chapters a week, but you can read ahead if you want. All I ask is that you don’t give away any spoilers. Right now we are discussing the first two chapters, but we will be starting the next two on Monday.
-
Daeus started the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I don’t think we’ve had much talk about this yet, and it’s time we did. This comes (not at all coincidentally) after Mrs. Wieland’s recent post “The #1 tip for writing books readers can’t put down” Though I loved this post, after reading it I was a little confused. I knew that what she was saying was true, but I wasn’t quite sure how I should…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy, @hannah-c, @bluejay Just wanted to let you know that I probably won’t be able to make it tonight. I’ll try to join in if I can though.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@winter-rose Yes, that’s the one I was thinking of, but I feel like there was another one too. Oh, well. The Dreamlander opening was awsome.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus drat.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Nah, dreams don’t have many rules.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@bluejay you could write a story about a girl who finds a huge golden conch on the beach and takes it home, only to realize during the night that it’s whispering to her. And when she puts it to her ear, she discovers that this shell belonged to the queen of the Lost city of Atlantis… and wants to tell her the story of its destruction.
I’m…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Hehee… I gave you the perfect excuse in baking you that cookie, didn’t I @Daeus?
If we’re talking excuses here, I was struggling my way through a present tense dream sequence. Does that count for anything? 😛 -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Well I had to completely rewrite a scene, but I got 594 words done. Of course, we all know I would have gotten 1,846 words except that I was too busy nibbling on my eternal cookie and I couldn’t keep concentrated.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Okay @Daeus, I got 870 words edited. Not too bad. What did you get?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@bluejay You can have half of my cookie. It’s everlasting, so it won’t matter.
I’m sure you’ll think up something soon. Maybe try reading a novel. I get all sorts of ideas reading other people’s writing.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus yup. Here goes. See ya then.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy As I nibble on my everlasting cookie, I remember that I should be writing now. Can you go till 9?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Do you mean hooks @gretald? That’s what I’ve always heard them called (though there are many names for everything). You mean some sort of exciting first line/paragraph that really catches people’s attention, I assume.
I guess I’m not obsessed with them, since, of the two books I’ve ever written, my novella started off with a setting description…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Clinchers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Some of the best authors (like Jane Austen) begin their novels horribly…
What?! @gretald I think the beginning of Pride and Prejudice is one of the very best opening sentences of all time! ‘It is universally acknowledged that a single man in possession of a large fortune must be in want of a wife’— what’s left to be desired? 😛
Oh well. To…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh— and here’s your cookie. *hands you cookie* I doesn’t look like much, but looks can be deceiving. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Ha! You need to take math again
What???????? What did I say? What did I do @Daeus? 😛 I didn’t think my horrible mathematical abilities were that obvious…
- Load More
