-
Daeus replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy All good stuff. In fact, I could spin a whole story from any of those and who knows but that I might not.
Unfortunately, the first one won’t work because there is no mentor figure. The second one won’t work because that would totally ruin my ending. The fourth one won’t work either because that’s just not my MC’s character…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus I know! It’s amazing! I heard she was writing a sequel… *crosses fingers* I’m always apprehensive about series and sequels and stuff. :/
Hm, let’s see… the mentor is tempted and falls. The bad guy gets the girl. The hero caves to the bad guy and starts working for him. The hero arcs to ‘perfection’ early in the story, then halfway…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Thanks @kate-flournoy, I will. If you have any other diabolical plot twists to suggest, I’ll probably add those in too. I’ve decided to go for the stress factor this time. Murphy’s Law and all that. I still have a lot of planning to do, but I have a feeling it will end up pretty good.
…Ah. Dreamlander.
It. Was. So. Good.
*Deep breath*
Did…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus yes!! Do it! Do it do it do it! I love it! *hyperventilates excitedly*
Can I use an example of this kind of plot twist… Chris Redston’s decision to use the Orimere to bring Mactalde back to Lael in Dreamlander. Yes. You made me read the book, you can’t complain if I pick it apart and see what makes it tick. 😉 That plot twist was perfect…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh, I totally get you @kate-flournoy. I feel like I need to say everything too, but it is a good point after all.
Another good point is that you should not neglect your thread right after you started it. *
Cough* Yeah.It was kind of nice actually, because just around the time that article came out about plot twists, I started reading this…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Musicians/Music Artists? in the forum Music 10 years, 4 months ago
Well @his-instrument, I guess just simple tunes. Mostly along the lines of traditional Celtic/Irish/Scottish music— something I can just improvise on my harp, and never remember afterward. 😉 I’ve been playing the harp for… uh… maybe three years now? Possibly?
I’ve been taking a break from it lately due to hearing complications, but once we…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Something else I just thought of @Daeus… I don’t know if it adds anything to the discussion, but it may help clarify it a bit.
First, a plot twist is anything that changes the direction the story will take from here on out. Duh. How obvious.
But that means it doesn’t just have to be characters who drive them, though I usually think in that…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Hey, good point @Daeus. I hadn’t thought of that. But you’re right. Wow. I’ll have to remember that.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Hey, if anyone writes in the afternoon, I’m doing some editing now.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Ok, and we’re back with the next two chapters of animal farm. I’m here with my copilot Imaginary Bob flying over the shadowy lands of Animaldom and we’ve got a great bird’s eye view. I’m sure you do to, so let’s get into this.
To start off, I thought I’d just mention the big thing that hit me in reading this. It’s the characters. They’re not very…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic W.I.P. Lounge Club (Writers Only!) in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
What @hope said. 😀 Also, arcs of any kind. Scene arcs, character arcs, theme arcs, emotional arcs… if they ain’t smooth, I don’t like ’em.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Ha! Well, you must be on to something there @Daeus, because even though I’m not going very fast, I’m very happy with what I edited, and I managed to write a poem at the same time that didn’t need any editing and that I really love to pieces… so either it’s the running, or I’m so sleepy I don’t know what I’m doing and will wake up in the morning…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Oh, I don’t know about that. This was an especially fast night. I’ll blame it on the running.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus wow, I think you’re faster at editing than I am! 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Edited 548.
I did get the problem fixed, thank you. I just got this kindle and it wasn’t connecting with our wifi router, but my dad figured out that some setting was blocking my device and so he changed the settings and it worked.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
498 words edited, @Daeus. Did you figure out your problem?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus sounds great. See ya then.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Ok. I’m here now. How about till 9:15?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Okay @Daeus I’ll write with you. Notify me when you want to stop.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy, @hannah-c, @bluejay I’m going to try to write tonight, but I’ve got this annoying problem I’m trying to fix, so I’m not sure when I’ll be done.
- Load More
