-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus no problem.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Need to help my dad with something. Be back in five.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus hahaha okay, sounds good. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy To the ends of the earth, and the distant planets, and unseen galaxies of course. Oh wait, I didn’t bring enough raspberries for anything that long. Guess it will just have be till 9:00
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus reporting for duty captain. *salutes* How far are we flying?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Well, I am here, so let me just look around to see if I have any copilots. @kate-flournoy? @hannah-c?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Ah, @hope, good try. Normally I would have seen this earlier and been able to do it, but I’ve been kinda off schedule today and I’m just off to make an early dinner.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I agree with all thoughts here. 😀 I would put my stamp of approval on them…
… only we’ve had *cough* problems with that in the past.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@spradlin Orwell is obviously telling us that bacon bars are intrinsically unamerican.
As far as responses, I don’t know if there is a good example, though I think Boxer means well. He seems to have good principles but is just too easily manipulated by propaganda.
There was another thing I noticed that was writing related. Orwell said in one…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
Ooh! Ooh! I’m bestistest at one word titles. Let’s see …
No bearings
The closing uncertainty
Groping in the darkness
Chaos’s path -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Jadamae well, one would certainly hope it was true! 😉
I know. I love books like that, though they can be detrimental to my health *cough cough*
*cough* Detrimental to my bedtime… -
Kate Flournoy started the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
*sigh* Okay guys… I need some help here. I’m usually pretty good at brainstorming by myself, but it hasn’t worked this time. Everything I’ve come up with has been awful.
I’m changing the title of my WIP— the theme shifted in the editing process, and the current title no longer fits. It was ‘Chosen’. Now I’m looking for something along the…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy started the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
*sigh* Okay guys… I need some help here. I’m usually pretty good at brainstorming by myself, but it hasn’t worked this time. Everything I’ve come up with has been awful.
I’m changing the title of my WIP— the theme shifted in the editing process, and the current title no longer fits. It was ‘Chosen’. Now I’m looking for something along the…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy I just realized I won’t be able to write tonight. Tomorrow should work though.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Man, I missed you @hope. Tag me next time.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plot twists in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Yes @Jadamae, totally! And that made me think of another obvious but maybe not so obvious point… I usually think of plot twists as distractions and rabbit trails, not a turn in the road. I think I wasn’t thinking of them correctly. My perspective was more or less ‘Okay, here’s a plot twist, now how soon can we fix this and get back to…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Calling All Gentlemen in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@natalee-jensen Hmm, ok. I think I can do it. I’ve got two names to choose from anyways, so I can decide later on whether to go with my real name or legal one.
Let’s see, so I need to email you then ……
-
Daeus replied to the topic Calling All Gentlemen in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@natalee-jensen One question: Would this require me having my name published, or would it be incognito?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Hmm, it looks like maybe a few people got busy this week and forgot. Busyness is all cool, but if it’s just plain old forgetting, I’m on a mission to remind. Here goes.
@christi-eaton @faithdk @gretald @belegteleri @spradlin @hannah-c @sarah-h @overcomer @dbhgodreigns @zoe-wingfeather @hannah-olsen @writefury @anna-brie @hannah-krynicki @hislittl…[Read more]
- Load More
