-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Writing Game in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fantasy parallel dimensions in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 4 months ago
@Hope it can work in whatever you want it to. So what if it’s usually considered scifi? Challenge perceptions! Force people to think outside the box! Conquer the world! *shakes fist over head, glowers out over whoever is listening*
😉
Hm, let’s see now. If the Reflection is a reflection, then the real world must be… um… yeah. Physical.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bible Verse on Writing…and inspirational quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Awesome topic @Hope. My all time favorite writing scripture is Ecclesiastes 12:11:
The words of the wise are like goads, and the words of scholars are like well-driven nails, given by one Shepherd.
It reminds me not only of the power we wield (and have a responsibility to wield responsibly) but also of Who gave us that power, and ultimately…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Tragedy Befalls All Great Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus that’s sounding more and more like a very wise idea. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Tragedy Befalls All Great Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Uum, @kate-flournoy, get a dropbox account.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Tragedy Befalls All Great Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh no, @Hannah-C! That’s awful. I’m so sorry. *weeps in sympathy* Thankfully nothing this dire has ever happened to me. It almost did once— I accidentally hit ctrl-A (highlight) instead of ctrl-S (save) then continued typing before the command had fully gone through… and you know when you highlight something and keep typing, whatever you keep…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Tragedy Befalls All Great Writers in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
*Closes eyes. Winces.* Oh, man. I’m so sorry. This happened to me a while ago. I can only suppose there is a good reason for it — somewhere where we maybe can’t see it.
Ever since this happened to me, I’ve been sinking my files to a dropbox account. Dropbox is essentially a cloud storage system. That way, even if every file on your computer…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Eh? I don’t know what you’re sorry about. That’s a good overview. I’m gathering that the re-readability factor has much more to do with wit than story line. I guess you could say it’s mainly about good prose and intellectual stuff.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh nice 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Never mind then. I got 895 edited.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy, @hannah-c, @bluejay Voom voom voom. Does that say enough?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
@Jadamae she’s a bit of a perfectionist… 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Hmm…I honestly don’t know if I’d like to be a paid beta-reader. The only books I beta-read are @kate-flournoy ‘s, and I know I wouldn’t want to be paid for doing that. It’s too fun, and besides if I were getting paid I might get too stressed out about finding every single bingle little detail that could need correcting, because I’d…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
For me, I think it would be the refreshing simplicity of the style coupled with the strength and complexity of the allegory. There’s always something you didn’t notice before; always something else to remark on and think over. And it doesn’t require say, two weeks of commitment. Like the Count of Monte Cristo would. 😛 It can be read through in a…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh yes, I enjoy beta-reading very much.
A content editor—what’s the difference between that and beta-reading? 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Well, folks, now we come to the midpoint. Notice how it was in chapter 5 of ten that we hit the real turning point (or rather point of no return) where we see without any doubt that Animal Farm is sunk into despotism.
I noticed something interesting about this book that I’d like to put before the others who have read it before. I’m not the type…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
521 words edited.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@jadamae Perfect! I was planning to do the same thing. Till 3:30!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Thanks @jadamae!
Well even though I don’t write stories, I believe I like them (and dissecting them 😉 ) every bit as much as a real writer. 🙂
And depending on your definition of weird, I like weird people too. @kate-flournoy considers herself weird, and in case you hadn’t noticed, I like her. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Overcomer that’s true. Come to think of it, though I was frightened of scary images (extraterrestrials, bears with huge teeth, sharks, etc.) the one thing that scared me most when my dad read us ‘Scottish Chiefs’, for instance, was Marion’s death. And it didn’t scare me because of the violence itself. It scared me because I couldn’t understand…[Read more]
- Load More
