-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh wow @Hannah-C! You are blessed! That is so awesome! 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy On the other hand, I don’t think most writers like to tell other people they are writers, so there’s probably more out there we just don’t know of.
As for the revision, if you could get it done before next year, I would be impressed.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus that would be lovely, thank you. It won’t be ready any time soon— possibly not even until next year. It depends on how good I get at this whole rewriting thing in the meantime. 😉
Yes, everyone’s projects sound fascinating. Isn’t it strange to think what a perfectly writer-oriented community we have here? I mean, for my part, I…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
It’s neat to see what everybody’s doing.
Btw, @kate-flournoy, I can beta-read for the revision if you want.
-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy I guess some things needed to be rewritten. I wouldn’t have said the whole book though. I also don’t know much about your series, but I suppose you would know when something needs to be changed to make it fit. So maybe you’re right, but I still suspect you’re being too hard on yourself.
Anyways, have fun. I’ll be having fun with my…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus I am anything but un-extreme. 😉 Fact is, when I wrote that, I had literally zero clue that it wasn’t going to be a standalone book. Now there are ten more books to follow it. So first of all I need to make it so it leads into its sequel, and secondly— well— the whole thing stinks. I know, I know— extreme. But it does. Compared to the…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy A whole rewriting? That sounds kinda extreme. I thought it just needed some plot tweaks here and there and a couple more passes at editing. And of course, I’m always right.
Ok, everything but the last line.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Editing my WIP, and then *takes deep breath* I have finally decided to start rewriting my WIP’s prequel. Which I should have done the moment I finished it two years ago. It needs it. Majorly. 😛
I’m also planning to do a bit of work on a retelling of Snow White called The Mirror— just a novella, but fun nonetheless. @Hope got me hooked on…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
@gretald heehee… 😉 Thanks for the votes. I’m still wavering on the fence, actually. :/ I’ll figure it out one of these days.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Bible Verse on Writing…and inspirational quotes in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
It is fascinating @Hope, I’ll give it that. 😉 One favorite quote (can’t remember who said it) is
‘There’s nothing difficult about writing. You just sit down at a typewriter and bleed.’
As far as I’m concerned, that’s pretty accurate. 😛
*wracks brains for other awesome quotes lurking just beyond reach* I know they’re there somewhere… I’ll…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic The (Awesome) Summer Writing Club! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I’ll be starting a semi-dystopian time travel save the world story. I don’t plan to do a whole lot since my main goal is to edit my existing books this year and I’ll have to go through several revisions at least. I think I can get at least five chapters written though. I need to do some more studies on the time period though and study up on my…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@bluejay yes, I want to, but unfortunately I can’t. 🙁 Thanks for the invitation though. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@bluejay, love to, but I got stuff to do tonight.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
WOW @Daeus, very impressive!
Oh my goodness, what are the odds!? 😛 That is so funny. Like, there are no words for how funny that is. And it’s okay. I think I can imagine the super squeaky voice just fine. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
WOW @Daeus, very impressive!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy I WAS DOING AN AMBUSH TOO!
I said that in a super annoying squeaky voice, but you can’t tell that because the forum messes up the air waves.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Halloooo Peoples! 1,029 edited. That makes about 2,500 for the entire day which I’m happy about. I could edit my book in month at that rate.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@bluejay JimbereeO! See you then.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
*Dances jig*
- Load More
