-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Bluejay nice. Hey, am I imagining things, or is your profile pic a screenshot of ‘Alice in Wonderland’?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Perfect timing. Right as you posted. I’m great at that.
I’m probably not going to be able to do the extra half hour thing for at least a bit since I’m listening to Our Mutual Friend with my brother at night and might start a new book after that. We’ll see.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Ellow, @bluejay. What did you get? Working on math problems too?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
*groans*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Math … my favorite part of writing. *dreamy look*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I got 1,114 edited. Still working on the aftermath of that ambush. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
I edited 960.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus okay. Till nine.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy, @bluejay Writing tonight? I’m going till 9.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
Yup. That.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
What, was that a reference to the Robert Frost poem? 🙂 Uh-oh.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
@kateflournoy
What, was that a reference to the Robert Frost poem? 🙂 Uh-oh.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
Think of it as your hero’s journey. The theme is patience.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
*smiles bleakly* Good advice @Daeus. I guess I will.
And I have begun to despair of that. :/ If one title fits in one regard it almost certainly won’t in another; that or it sounds off, or is too dry, or too melodramatic…
Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to keep trying. *brave, watery smile*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
*smiles bleakly* Good advice @Daeus. I guess I will.
And I have begun to despair of that. :/ If one title fits in one regard it almost certainly won’t in another; that or it sounds off, or is too dry, or too melodramatic…
Oh well. I guess I’ll just have to keep trying. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
Uum, I’d generally recommend keeping yourself in one piece, @Kate-flournoy.
You’ll get a good title eventually.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus AAAAAAUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! I HATE IT WHEN THAT HAPPENS!!!!! *pounds head against wall, squeezes eyes shut and growls in frustration* I can’t believe I didn’t think of that. I can’t believe I didn’t recognize the cadence and realize it wasn’t an original idea. Urrrrrrrggggggggghhhhhhh…
*sigh* Thanks for pointing it out.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy This is my answer. http://www.poetryfoundation.org/resources/learning/core-poems/detail/44272
That and I like Reckless.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
Hey guys @Daeus @Hope @Jadamae @Gretald @Bluejay @Emma-Flournoy @anyone-else-who-was-on-this-topic, what do you think of the title ‘The Way Not Taken’? I know, I know, it’s not one word, but I kinda like it just the same. I’d forgotten about it until today, when a friend brought it up in a letter that I’d been considering that as a title. What do…[Read more]
- Load More
