-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy *Evilest of evil laughs* *eats cheese*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus Humph.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Sorry, I’m buried in so much cheese I can hardly hear.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Do you hear that @Daeus? That’s my very evilest of evil laughs.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy Alright. I’ll enjoy my cheesy victory.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus I am, but it’s going to be pretty scattered and interrupted, so I don’t think I can race you tonight. Best of luck though.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@jadamae Sweet. Check in then.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy @hannah-c Writing tonight?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Odd Team Out (Or the Cobalt Fanclub Revival) in the forum Sci-Fi 10 years, 4 months ago
@Sarah-h isn’t it lovely!? *ahem* Who was your favorite character? 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *honored gasp* I'm related to the superhero! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh, hi @gretald! *gulp* Sorry for the late reply; somehow I missed the notification. 🙁
Yes, I am! Shocking, isn’t it. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus I know! He pulled it off perfectly— and this is where I think the essence of ‘show, not tell’ is really made clear. He didn’t tell us anything. I mean, we literally have nothing that he gave us to base our opinions on. For all the story gave us, this could be a turn for the better.
But if we have even the most basic sense of human…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Titles are going to be the death of me… in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 4 months ago
@Jadamae mmmmmm… yeah, you’re right. *scratches head*
Oh, decisions, decisions.
Tell you what. Lemme finish rewriting the book, and if I’m not struck by genius before then I’ll… I’ll… do something. 😛
As of right now it’s still teetering between Reckless and Uncharted. None of the titles yet have just ‘clicked’ for me though, and that’s…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Alright everybody, and so we’ve arrived at the gloomy part. Thoughts so far?
One thing that struck me was the technique Orwell used for irony. He basically took the animals perspective and stuck fastly too it. Even though as the narrator he showed you all the terrible truth, he had the animals accept the situations with such confidence and…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic And the Moral to THAT is… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
*curtsies* You have my sincerest thanks, @Daeus. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic And the Moral to THAT is… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Never felt the convenience of my existence so strongly before. Glad to be. *Tips imaginary hat*
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic And the Moral to THAT is… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Please excuse the Lewis Carrol reference. 😉
Yes, you guessed it. This is another topic on theme (more or less). I know we talk about this a lot, but I’m forever refining my theories, and when I get a revolutionary breakthrough I’m always wild to share it with someone who will be as excited as I am.
Thank you for your convenient existence, my…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh, sorry @bluejay. At least you can still daydream though. That’s almost the same thing.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
Oh, sorry @bluejay. At least you can still daydream. That’s almost the same thing.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@Daeus yay! New records are always very satisfying. 🙂 I’ve gotten a total of 2,636 words edited since this morning. It has been a productive day. #sohappy!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 4 months ago
@kate-flournoy I forgot to tag you, but I got another 683 edited. That’s gonna be all I can do today, but I got my chapter finished. *exclamation points* I got about 12,600 words edited this week which is definitely a new record. *Happy contented face*
- Load More
