-
Daeus replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
we need to have some sort of inkling of what it is from the very first page.
*Scratches head* @kate-flournoy Perhaps you’d either like to remove that statement or expound on it’s hidden brilliance.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Wow, guys, have fun! I’m afraid I’m going to have to skip this one @Daeus. Life is being its typical annoying self and getting in the way. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
No. That’s not fair. I totally agree with everything @Daeus said. You have my sincerest condolences and sympathies, @Jadamae.
The solution to the climax of every single book should exist from the very first page— and we need to have some sort of inkling of what it is from the very first page. It doesn’t have to be obvious. But it has to be…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Sign of Four sounds great. If it’s stand alone, I’m good with it. The ebook is free. You can get a free audio version here: https://librivox.org/the-sign-of-the-four-version-3-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/ (seems like it’d be better for analyzing to read it though.) Chances are you can get it at the library too.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Sign of Four sounds great. If it’s stand alone, I’m good with it. The ebook is free. You can get a free audio version here: https://librivox.org/the-sign-of-the-four-version-3-by-sir-arthur-conan-doyle/
-
Daeus replied to the topic Is this fair? in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@jadamae Yes. You were cheated. I’m so sorry that happened to you. The problem isn’t so much that the victory was simple, but that the victory had nothing to do with the plot. I was actually just thinking about how the climax in pride and prejudice was actually incredibly simple. Elizabeth figures out that she has been mistreating Darcy and she…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Camp NaNo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
That sounds really neat. I’m sure I’d do it if I didn’t already have too much writing going on already. If I added on that, it’d be like having a full-time job. sooooo, yeah, sorry. Can’t do.
… But, if I work hard enough on my current writing projects, I might be able to do NaNoWriMo this fall. It’s November, right? I’m really wanting to do…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Camp NaNo in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Eh, what’s this?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Alrighty, everybody. I’ve tallied up all the votes and the one with the most points is …..
………
….Sign Of Four!!!
(I always wanted to read a sherlock story)
Now this leaves us with one question. It appears this is one of the later stories and it was suggested that we read A Study In Scarlet instead because it was an earlier one. Of…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@winter-rose Actually, I already came up with a story idea, but I’ll keep that in mind if I need another one later.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Right-o, Catty-o
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Righto-o, Catty-o
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@jadamae Sorry, it just won’t fit with my schedule. As a note though, I normally write from about 10:30-12:00 If you ever want to join.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
Announcement everybody. Polls will officially close at midnight. Get your voting in before It’s too late. Thanks.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@bluejay. Stopping now. I got 894 edited in 40 min.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@bluejay That was Aussie-some
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
“Ticks” hahaha! I had to look that up in the dictionary. I love talking with Australian people.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@bluejay I’m starting early tonight.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Animal Farm in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
@overcomer Study of four was recommended by (I think Greta). We’ll continue with it, but if it wins, I suppose we might put it to question whether we want to do an earlier one instead.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 3 months ago
You know what, I need a short story idea too, so give me a dare.
- Load More
