-
Daeus replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy Actually, I would say there is no better way to learn writing, period.
Now I’ll have to be gone for just a moment because guess what I’m doing? Yep, rewriting.
By the way, you might want to give some more detailed examples of your lesson for people who aren’t familiar with your book.
-
Daeus replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@kate-flournoy Actually, I would say there is not better way to learn writing, period.
Now I’ll have to be gone for just a moment because guess what I’m doing? Yep, rewriting.
By the way, you might want to give some more detailed examples of your lesson for people who aren’t familiar with your book.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Ha. Anything, of course. 😉 No limit.
Yes. Besides reading, there’s almost nothing that can better prepare someone for writing than rewriting. Which may sound a bit counter-intuitive, but it’s true.
-
Daeus replied to the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Only one thing? Oh, dear. 😉
I’ve done a lot of rewriting and it’s a super enlightening process. I’ll have to think about this a bit and come back.
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic If there's one thing rewriting has taught me… in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
This thread is for sharing tips about editing and rewriting or handy things we discovered in the process of doing that ourselves.
I shall kick it off because I recently discovered something crucial (with @Daeus‘s help 😉 ). I’m going through the first major edit/rewrite I’ve ever done, so perhaps this is old news to some of you more experienced…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@dragon-snapper Yeah, well, one can only handle so many dragons and then it all breaks down into chaos.
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
My passengers are very curious…
I have been writing for three years, but have only just started to develop style and any sort of skill in the past year. My favorite genre is medieval fiction and/or fantasy (hints the dragon), and just fiction in general. My favorite authors are Tolkien, John Flanagan, C.S. Lewis and whole bunch of random others.…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper awesome handle. Is there a story behind that?
Oh yeah— welcome to the Realm of the KeePers of the Kingdom. There are *ahem* a few dragons on this forum, myself included… it would be greatly appreciated if you refrained from doing any… erm… snapping? 😉
Where do you hail from?
Glad to have you here. *salutes* Captain. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Hullo @bluejay. Are you writing tonight?
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
Howdy Dragon Snapper. Nice way to cruise on in. Looks like there’s a good forecast on the forum. Should be nice travel.
-
Snapper changed their profile picture 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Snapper started the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
Ladies and Gentlemen, this is your captain speaking. We are currently cruising at an altitude of zero feet at zero miles per hour. Please keep your seatbelts on as we make our ascent, and remain seated at all times. We may be experiencing slight turbulence, but you can trust the captain. I, the captain, am Dragon Snapper.
*silence fills the room*…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Prophecy Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
@hope Not sure if this will work for your prophecy, but this is what sounded good to me.
Ancient sign, bitter fate
Scar and oath and quest
Name revealed by righteous power
Shall poison’s power wrestAncient weapon, bitter foe
Shield and spear and doom
Legend shattered, triumph claimed
A sign will show the tombAncient battle, bitter bane,
Night…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Prophecy Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
@hope Not sure if this will work for your prophecy, but this is what sounded good to me.
Ancient sign, bitter fate
Scar and oath and quest
Name revealed by righteous power
Shall poison’s power wrestAncient weapon, bitter foe
Shield and spear and doom
Legend shattered, triumph claimed
A sign will show the tombAncient battle, bitter bane,
Night…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Prophecy Critique in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
@hope Not sure if this will work for your prophecy, but this is what sounded good to me.
Ancient sign, bitter fate
Scar and oath and quest
Name revealed by righteous power
Shall poison’s power wrestAncient weapon, bitter foe
Shield and spear and doom
Legend shattered, triumph claimed
A sign will show the tombAncient battle, bitter bane,
Night…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Yes, Lord of the Flies is really good. Very powerful. And concise. I really admire powerful concision. *chuckle* *snicker* *choke* They make it look so easy! *wails*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Wow @kate-flournoy. Whoever would have guessed? You read that too?
…Awwweessoooommmmmee
I just finished LOTF two days ago. I love that book. There were sometimes I got a bit confused, but the book was really convincing and the conversation between Simon and TLOTF was to die for.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay Wrote 687 words. Worked for something like 40 minutes-ish.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Ok, @kate-flournoy. It’s good to know you died in peace. I was a bit worried there.
- Load More
