-
Daeus replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise Mainly gut feeling actually. Rain in a drought just sounds like the type of thing God likes to do a lot. I guess on second thought though that it might depend on whether the rest of the community is praying too or maybe it seems pretty likely they’re being judged. Context can be important.
The camping issue is a little…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
I for one agree with @kate-flournoy and @Daeus. God actually commands us to pray to Him in many places, one of which is Isaiah 55:6 “Seek the Lord while He may be found, Call upon Him while He is near.”
-
Daeus replied to the topic Chatter in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Hey, is anybody going to the Noah conference?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@Daeus beautifully said. I couldn’t agree more. God doesn’t need us to ask Him— He wants us to because He is a Father, and He loves spending time with His children. Prayer is a form of worship.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
So if we are sure we are right with the Lord and we ask Him for something, wouldn’t it be presumptuous to think He wouldn’t answer, rather than the other way around?
The logic here is backwards. We don’t make sure our hearts are in obedience to God’s will in every other area of our lives and then go to God and give him…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Ooh, good discussion @Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise. I haven’t done a lot of thinking on this, but the first thing that popped into my head when I read your post was this verse:
The horse is prepared for the day of battle, but deliverance is of the Lord.
Proverbs 21:31Quite simply, we are instructed to prepare and leave the rest to God. As @Hope is…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Faith and Prayer in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Good question. I’ve actually just been thinking today how little I bring my requests to God when I should. It’s like I forget that God also has the name Father.
That being said, I know God sometimes has his people go through tough times, and sometimes what we want isn’t what God has planned. I don’t see any way we can…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Those Dear, Fuzzy Angels in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
@ClaireC please don’t think I’m ignoring you. I’ll read this eventually; it’s just I’m incredibly busy lately and don’t have time for much extra. When I do read it, you may be sure I’ll tell you what I think. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Those Dear, Fuzzy Angels in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
@ClairC please don’t think I’m ignoring you. I’ll read this eventually; it’s just I’m incredibly busy lately and don’t have time for much extra. When I do read it, you may be sure I’ll tell you what I think. 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Those Dear, Fuzzy Angels in the forum Short Story Critiques 10 years, 2 months ago
Oh, that’s sweet. 🙂
I read the poem—nice job with his thoughts in the story matching the sentiments expressed in the poem. -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay Ok, that helps me. Let me explain my thought process here.
First off, it’s great you’re having your mom give you input. I’m sure it’s already helped you grow a lot. One person’s input though is never enough to evaluate a story fully. Sure you can’t get tons of input on every story, but here is what I would suggest. Get one story and…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay Hmm, sounds like you have a lot of ideas that aren’t germinating. Staring at a blank page I assume? Nothing you think up seems worth writing?
There could be several problems. Let me try to feel my way here.
Do your normally edit your stories? Have you ever gotten an in-depth critique from another writer? How many times do you re-edit…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay Eh? What do you mean by “No backbone”?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay Did some thinking about my book. No word count, but I think it will be helpful.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@bluejay Yep. Till 9’s the plan. See ya.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Announcing… Jess! in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@Jess I’ve read the Silmarillion! It’s well worth your time, if you enjoy Tolkien. It’s not one story, but a collection of stories that together cover the creation, corruption, and judgment of an entire land. Allegorical, obviously. 😉 Some of the stories I didn’t care for, but some were absolutely brilliant. I recommend it to any reader with…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
@ClaireC, it’s two syllables— Flor Noy. The Flour rhymes with door. *Big grin* Thanks for asking; most people assume they’ve got it figured out and then proceed to murder it every time they say it. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@Bluejay and @christi-eaton So sorry I don’t like Alyss…as a dragon, we don’t like it when people hold themselves in higher regard than us. Alyss was master at that. In light of it, I told Flanagan to do something about it. 😉
I have not read any of Biggle’s books, though I’m always looking for new reads, so I’ll be sure to check that one out. Thanks! -
Snapper replied to the topic A Dragon's Snapper in the forum Start HERE 10 years, 2 months ago
@Bluejay and @christi-eaton So sorry I don’t like Alyss…as a dragon, we don’t like it when people hold themselves in higher regard than us. Alyss was master at that, so I had to eat her. 😉
I have not read any of Biggle’s books, though I’m always looking for new reads, so I’ll be sure to check that one out. Thanks! -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 2 months ago
Would normally like to, but I actually just finished a rather long session myself.
- Load More
