-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Reporting for duty, Cap’n @Daeus. Er… what’s with the sand?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
*Mounts sand dune. Surveys landscape* Hey ho, where are my writing friends? @kate-flournoy @bluejay @draggon-snapper @anyone else.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic May I ask for some help? -World Naming- in the forum Fantasy 10 years, 1 month ago
Not silly at all @Aella. Actually, I just take words and twist them up and see what I can make of them. Often it’s chance. Once I spelled ‘riveting’ wrong due to tangled fingers, and ended up with ‘Ivreton’. 😛
It also depends on what image you want to evoke with the name. Dignified? Try Eliandor. Fairytale-ish? Phantasmornia. Cute? Bellesmere.…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@winter-rose Thanks for writing. I got some decent editing done and a little bit of research.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@winter-rose Sure. That’s what I was just going to do. I’ll probably go till 3.
Btw, Kate doesn’t write earlier than 7:30 EST except on Saturdays.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay Yay!!! Golden Star!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Jess that’s not terrible at all. I’ve never really struggled with depression, but I completely understand how writing could be an escape, and that’s okay. It’s good to get away now and then. Even if it’s only a virtual vacation. 😉
Not to mention writing can almost be therapeutic— as @Spradlin said, if I haven’t written for longer than normal…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Woah, that’s overboard, but it does sound very fun.
@Daeus I never do anything by halves. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Woah, that’s overboard, but it does sound very fun.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Alternative Historical Fiction Book Premise in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
mmm, yes. I second what Josiah said. The actual synopsis doesn’t catch my attention, but I don’t think you were trying to ask if it grabbed our emotional side so much as if the type of story you were writing sounded interesting. Is that right?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Why We Do This in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@jess I can totally sympathise. For me, it’s not so much escaping to another world, but I get depressed too and my writing is one of the things that feels concrete, and is always there for me to go to, and won’t change no matter what is happening, and seems to keep getting better even if I do have setbacks in other areas. I can throw myself into…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus oooh, yes. Physical aspects of worldbuilding are crazy fun. All the different flora and fauna… I’m actually going to have to start filling a whole notebook with just made-up herbs and their medicinal/superstitious/mythical uses and history. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus ‘You were wise to seek help from the world most deadly weapon. It’s me.’ Golden star to whoever gets that quote. 🙂 I’m looking at you @bluejay.
A procedure…we-ell.
1. World-building. First thing you’re gonna do is make a map of the world you want. Then, you make a profile on each country including major cities and places that have to…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay I wrote 272 words. Not as much as I would have liked, but I did make it to chapter 16. Considering I started the novel only two months ago, that’s pretty good. *looks at chairs and phone, decides to be nice and not melt them*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Fruits of the Spirit in the forum Poetry Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
Ah, well. This forum just has a maliciousness against poets.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Ha. The whole point of rewriting is to make the editor’s job easier. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Oooh… that sounds fun indeed. Tell you what, just unleash everything in you. Go crazy. Don’t hold back. Enter euphoria. You’ll get the good stuff down on paper, and all the meaningless stuff I’ll just blast away with my ruthless editing cannon.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Fantasy books in the forum Book Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy Oh yeah. Haha. You and procedures. I didn’t think of that. Sounds like a good system though.
In my world, most countries don’t have a strict religious system. I suppose it’s more no religion or humanism stuff in a lot of freer countries, mixed with a good amount of “true believer” people. That being said, there are exceptions I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@Daeus eh… well, I got to start it at any rate. 😛 I think I must be anxious or something— subconsciously stalling because I’ve been waiting for this scene so long, now that I’m approaching it I’m a little scared to mess it up… or something. 😛 It’s… kinda big. Harold just got home. For the first time in ten years.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus, I see you made it out of that computer alive. 🙂
@kate-flournoy I didn’t do so great, but then again, I was majorly distracted. Grand Total of 91 words. Oy.
@bluejay, did you want to keep writing. I’ll be writing for fifteen more minutes or so, till nine thirty EST> - Load More
