-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@kate-flournoy @bluejay @dragon-snapper. I’m late, but I’m still planning to go till 9, maybe more.
-
Daeus posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument Hi, Hannah. I wanted to see if you were interested in giving input to KP on a bit of a secret project we’re working on. Basically, we’re putting together what we’re calling a NaNoWriMo Devotional. What it is is a series of short entries for every day of November with tips on strong writing, time management, health as a writer, as…[Read more]
-
Daeus posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago
@jadamae Hi, Jada. I wanted to see if you were interested in giving KP your input on a bit of a secret project we’re working on. Basically, we’re putting together what we’re calling a NaNoWriMo Devotional. What it is is a series of short entries for every day of November with tips on strong writing, time management, health as a writer, as well as…[Read more]
-
Daeus posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago
@gretald Hi Greta. I wanted to see if you were interested in offering KP your input on a bit of a secret project we’re working on. Basically, we’re putting together what we’re calling a NaNoWriMo Devotional. What it is is a series of short entries for every day of November with tips on strong writing, time management, health as a writer, as well…[Read more]
-
@Daeus Sure! Just tell me when you need the feedback and whatnot. 😉
-
@gretald Great. Thanks so much. As of yet, the book isn’t fully written, but it will be finished soon. Either Sarah Spradlin or I will probably be getting you what’s ready so far in a day or two. As for a deadline, I don’t have a strict one set yet, but obviously, we need to have the book completely done before November, so it would be really nice…[Read more]
-
Ok, I talked to Sarah and it looks like there might be a short delay in getting you the document, but it should be before the end of the week.
-
@Daeus Okay, thanks. 🙂
-
-
-
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Comics in the forum Art 10 years, 1 month ago
Comics as in how, @Alia? You mean caricatures/drawings/strips that tell stories? I have absolutely no problem with comics. I love them, if done right. But though I’m an artist, I have zero knack for caricatures. 😛 More’s the pity. I love making people laugh.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope I think that example could be fine.
As for men giving physical comfort to another male, I’d say it takes three stages. Stage one where the grief is relatively controlled will likely receive a sort of muscling encouragement, the comforter doing something like grabbing the grieved around the shoulders and shaking him. Stage two where the…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus
And Luke could count as one as well. In addition to that, they are all pilots. So the three first episodes of the three Star Wars trilogies tie in together…oy. Episode 1: the Phantom Menace Episode 4: A New Hope and Episode 7: the Force Awakens. -
Snapper replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus
And Luke could count as one as well. In addition to that, they are all pilots. So the three first episodes of the three Star Wars trilogies tie in together…oy. Episode 1: the Phantom Menace Episode 4: A New Hope and Episode 7: the Force Awakens. -
Snapper replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@daeus
And Luke could count as one as well. In addition to that, they are all pilots. So the three beginnings of the three Star Wars trilogies tie in together…oy. -
Daeus replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Plus both Rey and Anakin were mechanics.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument It would be repetitive, yes, but think about all the things that are laterals to the A New Hope as well. Poor MC on desert planet helps people who are on the run from oppressive government. The old guy dies. The MC from desert planet learns to use the force. I mean really, it seems like they took the first script and switched it…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@his-instrument Yeah, I’ve watched episode 1. It’s just been a while.
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 10 years, 1 month ago
@Bluejay, just checking to make sure the address worked and all—did you get the e-mail I sent you?
-
@emma-flournoy Yes I did get it. I have written a reply and it just needs Mum to proof read it and then it will be sent to you. 🙂
-
Great—just wanted to check. 🙂
-
Yeah, no worries. 🙂 @emma-flournoy
-
-
-
-
Daeus replied to the topic Men verses Woman in the forum Characters 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope Good question. You’re right we aren’t really the type to collapse in a sobbing heap. Haha 😉 That being said, males are not indeferent to comfort. I have a bunch of random points here. First of all, jut from my impression, males tend to seek encouragment more than empathy, whereas with females there is more likely to be a preference for…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@hannah-c Oops…sorry about that…heh heh.
@his-instrument, whatever I said in my last post on this topic, I meant to be referring to you. Sorry about that. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@winter-rose I love world-building so much! I’ve literally made twenty page notes on one map before.
I wrote 662 words; thanks for writing!
Anyone else, I’ll still be writing for a while yet. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Lying in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@His-Instrument great points.
First off, I don’t think the pianist analogy works in this situation. If you commit adultery once, you are still an adulterer. If you murder once, you are still a murderer. If you lie once, you are still a liar. You may not make it your profession, per se, but you are a liar in the sense that you have lied.…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Okay. Who’s calling Disney to lobby for us? 😛
Honestly @His-Instrument, I’m torn between Luke and Han as Rey’s father, though I don’t really like either choice. It seems to have been hinted that Han is (in the words of Kylo Ren, ‘… you think of him as the father you never had. Ha. Believe me, you would be disappointed.‘) but her backstory…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Lying in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
Hmm, yes. Lying is certainly a bigger subject than is just covered in one verse.
If you’ve never used this site, you need to check it out. https://www.openbible.info/topics/lying
I think some of the best references in this list are Psalm 101:7, Proverbs 12:19, John 8:44, Proverbs 13:5, Psalm 34:13
Also, a note on the verse about the lord hating…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@winter-rose Great! See you then!
- Load More

Sure. When do you need the input back?
@his-instrument As of yet, only portions are complete, though we will have the rest finished in maybe a week or two at the latest. I should be able to get you what we have so far today to start with. I would say we would want to have input back by the end of September if possible, but I’m just making that up. If I talked with rest of the staff I…[Read more]
Ok, I talked to Sarah and it looks like there might be a short delay in getting you the document, but it should be before the end of the week.