-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Ahem…oops. I though for some weird reason that @overcomer was in Australia…ah, whatever. It’s too hard to keep track of. 😉 @bluejay, are you writing as well?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Yup, that sounds good, if we would just stop posting at the same time…especially considering we’re in opposite sides of the world! @overcomer See you soon!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Again! HAHAHA!!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Oh, heh. Posting at the same time. When do we meet, @overcomer?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
Me too, @Jess. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
Okay, so for me futuristic names are short and sweet, like Star Wars.
…I know that I’m asking a lot of questions, but do you want name suggestions or name type suggestions??? Sorry…
@jess -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
Hey, that’s @BlueJay ‘s name! 🙂 🙂 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
Remember: Premise is what makes the readers pick up the book. Plot is what keeps them reading. Character is what makes them pick up the book a second time. And for the record I find that I always remember the characters most.
Yes, yes, yes.
So much this. -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
Gotcha @Jess.
I’m thinking that instead of the typical overthrow, they reconcile in some exciting, entertaining way.
That is an extremely creative idea! That could be so good; I can’t recall having seen it in a story before.And I 200% agree with your philosophy for dealing with your ideas already being taken—‘Well, I’ll just have to make min…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
@Jess, that sounds like a terribly wonderful idea about the inventor. I love it!!
And being a “let’s see how this goes” type of writer is great sometimes, because sometimes neater ideas come as you go, rather than all planned out. 🙂
And if I know what, tell you? Where the inventor is?
Haha, well that’s for you to find out, I guess. 😀So how l…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
@Jess, that sounds like a terribly wonderful idea about the inventor. I love it!!
And being a “let’s see how this goes” type of writer is great sometimes, because sometimes neater ideas come as you go, rather than all planned out. 🙂
And if I know what, tell you? Where the inventor is?
Haha, well that’s for you to find out, I guess. 😀So how l…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
@jess I would love to read this! Your description has already tagged me (besides the fact that you tagged me in the first place). Now, when you ask for name help, are you referring to naming of the characters, settings or book title?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years ago
This sounds really neat, @Jess.
Question: do all five of the kids each have all five abilities? I didn’t think so, but the way you said it in this post made it sound that way.
Also, why are there only five kids? If the original testers have had kids, did they only have one each—and how many years has it been?
If there are only five, why would…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years, 1 month ago
@bluejay @overcomer @kate-flournoy @jess Would anyone like to write for a while?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
Oh nuts. That’s too bad.
There are only so many names in the world, though; sometimes you can’t help using the same ones (if it just fits too perfectly, of course)! :You could try looking up on Google names beginning with the letter you want, if you know what linguistic origin you want; i.e., ‘danish names starting with p’
That can be really…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
Oooh, I really like Dalton!! Do that.
If you want to. 😛Hazel’s not too bad; I like it a lot better than Rylee (or Ryder—whichever is the girl).
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@Jess, I don’t really HATE the names, though I don’t really like any of them. You asked. 😉
My favorite of the names is Jax, though; his name sounds like he’d be a nice character.
Also it’s kinda hard to tell which are male and which are female, if you don’t know.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Quick Critique in the forum Novel Critique Requests 10 years, 1 month ago
@hope Yeah, send it to me.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@jess Yes, most people say that leprechauns are good luck, but that’s a myth. Dragons are much luckier than leprechauns! And don’t worry, I only eat my enemies. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Plot help please! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 10 years, 1 month ago
@jess Yes, most people say that leprechauns are good luck, but that’s a myth. Dragons are much luckier than leprechauns!
- Load More
