-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@bluejay You wouldn’t happen to still be there, would you?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite biographies in the forum Non-Fiction 10 years ago
@andorin-xar I don’t know about the original, but we have two typed copies and my grandpa has another copy. I probably should get a digital file of it though. Good idea. If I do ever get it up on the internet, I’ll try to notify you of it, though I don’t know if I’ll have time for that about now.
-
Daeus replied to the topic New Game! in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Howdy everybody. I’ve been suffering from a lack of internet for a couple days, but now that I’m alive again, I thought I’d let you know my lie was #2. I was born in Japan, not China. I think more people guessed mine right than not, so good job.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
just because they feel everyone elses’ feelings doesn’t mean they haven’t got feelings of their own, and most of the time those are stronger than the ‘second-hand’ feelings, if you will. A perfect empath would never get impatient and would always be completely compassionate, but none of us are perfect, now are we?
@Kate-Flournoy Oh whoops, I…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Well @Bluejay recognizing the problem is the first step to fixing it. 😀
I question this!!! Of course I wouldn’t know, seeing as I’m not one of them, but I think I’d die if I was any more feeling than I am.
Tessa, I wasn’t speaking of the intensity of feeling— I was speaking of the ability to pick up on the very tiniest innermost feeli…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Dragon-Snapper Lord of the Rings. It’s not even close. Star Wars may have Han Solo and the greatest villain ever, but LotR has Faramir and Samwise Gamgee.
@Bluejay oh dear, I may have read your post wrong— I thought you said you cried over ‘every little thing‘, not over very little. I’m sorry. Which did you mean?
@Emma-Flournoy just because…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Okay, quick question on the topic of Star Wars.
Which do you all prefer: Star Wars or Lord of the Rings?
@daeus @emma-flournoy @kate-flournoy @bluejay @corissa-maiden-of-praise @anyone else on this topic -
Emma Flournoy's profile was updated 10 years ago
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Kate-Flournoy
Gotcha.
Probably. 😛
But if empaths can’t ever ‘not feel’ anything, how can they ever get impatient with anyone, since they’ll feel how the other person feels, and won’t have the heart to be impatient?When I start drawing on your convenience too much, let me know and I’ll stop. 😛
@Corissa-Maiden-of-Praise
It’s the people that a…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Emma-Flournoy as I said, you do have a smidgen of empathy. But for the most part when you feel for someone, you’re happy because they’re happy, or sad because they’re sad. That’s sympathy. Empathy is when you actually feel their sorrow. It’s not your emotions responding to theirs— it’s your feeling intuition picking up on their emotions and…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@bluejay
Apparently, I’ll be the one tagging you. 😀 I wrote about 1000 words from when I writing with you. Without and with, I wrote 1138 total and reached my next chapter. Most of it is choppy, but its a means to a start.
How’d you do? -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
It’s okay, Kylo Ren. Your existence is helping people understand people better, even if they’re not talking about you.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Kate-Flournoy I think I get you…
So then when I feel terribly sorry or happy for someone, it’s sympathy? Even though the emotion I am experiencing for them is the the same one they are experiencing?
With your example of the kid on the sidewalk (poor little guy!), it looks like you’re saying empathy is primarily for emotions… is that right? So…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
Yay! @bluejay
See you whenever you happen to tag me again! -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@bluejay @winter-rose @daeus @kate-flournoy @jess @whoever happens to be on
Does anyone want to write from 8-9 EST? -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What is an assonance? in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien ooooh, I didn’t know there was an audiodrama. 😀
And… and…

-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What is an assonance? in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorian ooooh, I didn’t know there was an audiodrama. 😀
And… and…

-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What is an assonance? in the forum Poetry 10 years ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorian ooooh, I didn’t know there was an audiodrama. 😀
And… and…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
@Emma-Flournoy well… sort of. Not really. You are predominantly ISFJ, therefore you are not predominantly an empath. You have a smidgen of empathy, (and enough ENFJness to be harsh with yourself when you don’t progress) but for the most part you have sympathy and are ISFJ all through.
The difference between empathy and sympathy is one letter—…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 10 years ago
So Kate, is it due to being an empath that I cringe and feel like disabling all my sensors when seeing and hearing all the chopping and slicing in too-graphic battle scenes? (Or even some other, not graphic, things. Like Mike Wasowski slamming himself into a sitting position on a metal bar to make Boo laugh—that part makes me seriously want to…[Read more]
- Load More
