-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Where do I start my novel? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
@Sleepwalking-MK— yeah. What they said. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic What Going Out West Taught Me About Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Hello KeePers. So as some of you know, our family recently went out west for two weeks and visited most of the major national parks— Teton, Rocky Mountain, Yellowstone, Arches, Custer… all that good stuff.
During those two weeks I carried a pocket notebook and pen with me at all times, jotting down writerly observations whenever I found…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus good to know. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Where do I start my novel? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 11 months ago
Well, with the girl’s mom’s death from the villain, the villain should have a to have a reason to kill her. (Of course, most bad-guys don’t, but it might add to complexity) Perhaps the mom once had the locket and the powers, and the villain was getting back at her for that. He didn’t know that the locket was given to her daughter.…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 12 months ago
Hey, y’all. Just wanted to let you know that I’m not abandoning you. I’ve had a lot of unexpected trips, general busyness, and late dinners this month. The good news is though that I just talked with my parents and it looks like I’ll be able to adjust my schedule a bit so Lord willing I’ll be able to join for most of these night writing sessions.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 12 months ago
@winter-rose Ah, yes, character notes. Always a good thing.
-
Snapper changed their profile picture 9 years, 12 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 12 months ago
@kate-flournoy 🙁 Not too fantasgreat either. I got just about the same amount as you, more or less. Apparently we both need to trim our claws. 😉
@winter-rose Are you, were you and will you be writing? (That’s a complex question, sorry) Were you writing with us? Are you still writing with us? Will you continue writing? (I am going on for a bit more.) -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 12 months ago
@Winter-Rose heh, no problem. It was kinda bugging me too. 😉
@Dragon-Snapper I got 655 words— not fantastic, but not too bad either. What about you? -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 12 months ago
@jess Oh dear, I’m sorry! Yay electronics… 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 12 months ago
@kate-flournoy @jess @winter-rose
Yes, I didn’t even get notifications from you two due to the other one being so long.
@winter-rose @jess All righty, sounds good! -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 12 months ago
@kate-flournoy @jess @winter-rose
Yes, I didn’t even get notifications from you two due to the other one being so long.
@winter-rose All righty, sounds good! -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 12 months ago
@Jess @Winter-Rose check out the new writers’ corner I just started. This one is starting to act up— a little long. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 12 months ago
😀 A 3rd…how funny! See you at nine! @Kate-flournoy
And sorry I don’t have a pic right now, for some reason it won’t let me upload a new one…??? -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 12 months ago
😀 A 3rd…how funny! See you at nine!
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 12 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper yes, I am.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner 2 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 12 months ago
@jess @overcomer @winter-rose @daeus @kate-flournoy @anyone
Anyone writing tonight? -
Emma Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 12 months ago
@Daeus @Rolena-Hatfield I thought one of you would probably know this since you’re the moderators. Is there any way to make it so I get a notification at the e-mail I’m signed up with whenever a topic is started on the forum?
-
Hey Emma! Wow great question. Not that I know of. (unless @Daeus knows something I don’t) That would be pretty cool though. I can look into it if Daeus doesn’t know. 🙂
-
@emma-flournoy I’ve never tried this, but if you go under the top forum categories (e.g. “general writing discussions”), there is this little blue text near the top of the page that says subscribe. If you click that, it may do what you’re talking about. Either that or it will subscribe you to every single post made under all of general writing…[Read more]
-
Thanks, @Rolena-Hatfield, @Daeus. I’ll try what you said, Daeus, and watch the e-mail to see what sort of notifications I get. If it works I’ll let you know.
-
‘kay, @Daeus, I think it’s working. The last two topics started in General Writing Discussions gave me a notification. In the spam folder; but that’s where my original notifications used to go, so maybe it’ll fix itself. 😛 Thanks.
-
oh, sweet. And you should be able to mark the sender as non-spam if you want to.
-
Really?! How? That’d be…nice. 😉
-
Um, honestly, I’ve never actually done it. I don’t get much spam and I don’t have a special spam folder. Adding the sender to your contacts might do it or if you mark it as not junk it might learn to accept the sender, but I’m really not sure how it’s done, just that it can be.
-
-
-
-
-
@Daeus Okay, I’ll see what I can do. Thanky much.
-
-
Daeus posted an update 9 years, 12 months ago
@bluejay Hi Tessa,
Unfortunately, I’m just as busy with beta reading as I was before, but I’m ready to take the golden conch anyways. I’ll have to go through it at a slow pace, but at least I can get started. I don’t think you have my email, so if you want to contact me, you can do so here. http://www.thescratchingquill.com/contact/ -
Snapper replied to the topic Hi. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 12 months ago
@sleepwalkingMK
Hmm, I think my favorite song by them is either Waterfall or Me and My Cello (Happy Together), though I can’t help but love the LOTR title as well. LOTR is probably one of my favorite movies.
My novel is something along the lines of adventure/fantasy. It’s in a fantasy world minus magic but there are still fantastical creatures.…[Read more] - Load More
