-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus me too.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@daeus I’m here!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy @bluejay @anyone-else I’m gonna write till nine if you want to join.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Gray Havens: Music and Storytelling in the forum Music 9 years, 11 months ago
@Christi-Eaton wow, I don’t usually go for this type of music but after the first line of Ghost of a King I was so stuck in the story I didn’t even notice. And did you listen to Train Station? Aw man… I may have to write a short story based off that one.
So— strong points of storytelling I noticed in Ghost of a King specifically. One, they…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh yes, I love Mr. Smith goes to Washington.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield Rigoletto!! Yes! I love that one!
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus Just dropping you a line to let you know you’re doing quite nicely distinguishing sincerity from craziness. *thumbs up*
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@Alia Hey, Monsters Inc is great. 😀
LotR, and lots of British period dramas are near the top. Especially North and South.
Oh, and another Frank Capra/Jimmy Stewart one that is AWESOME is Mr. Smith Goes to Washington. Anyone seen that? -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Stop motion in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@Bluejay Sorry, me either! 🙁
How ’bout a nice scene? 😛
*sigh*
Judging from what I’ve heard, they’re all good. 🙂 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
JUST ONE???!! *holds head, groans* @Mark-Kamibaya um… can I pick twenty? What?! Why not??
Oh dear… okay… hm. I really like It’s a Wonderful Life. For flat-out timeless, that’s probably on the top of my list. There are others I really love, but that one never gets old. -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Help Me, Help You, Help…er…The World? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Michael-Stanton undoubtedly the forum and the home page. I just keep both separately open in my browser and reload the page as necessary.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Anne-of-Lothlorien yes, I’m afraid I have a reputation for turning very respectable people into nutcases… *sigh* I don’t mean to. It just… happens.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd @timothy-young @mark-kamibayaI love the How To Train Your Dragon movies so much, though I can’t decide between the first and second. Probably the first for its in-depth characters and music. Thanks John Powell! And the Princess Bride. You can never go wrong there. ;p
But my favorite movie? I have way too many…
Lord of the Rings and…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@ingridrd @timothy-young I love the How To Train Your Dragon movies so much, though I can’t decide between the first and second. Probably the first for its in-depth characters and music. Thanks John Powell! And the Princess Bride. You can never go wrong there. ;p
But my favorite movie? I have way too many…
Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Ren in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Her fault entirely. I used to be a very respectable pecan.
But actually, you are right. And I can go overboard sometimes, though I think I barely stopped here in time. You can’t imagine how fun this was, though.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
*cheats and copies tags from book club* @graciekry @his-instrument @jess @clairec @the-happy-bookaholic @dragon-snapper @timothy-young @warrioroftherealm @winter-rose @ingridrd @aysia-serene @adry_grace @belegteleri @hope @overcomer @vanna @faithdk @jadamae @hislittlerose @hannah-krynicki @writefury @hannah-olsen @dbhgodreigns @wordfitlyspoken @han…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic What Going Out West Taught Me About Writing in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Anna-Brie ha! Yes, I have— I didn’t remember that until just now. 😀
Come to think of it, I guess that wasn’t an observation so much as it was… philosophy. Hm. Is there a difference?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Stop motion in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
@bluejay I’m afraid I can’t help you here. I haven’t had read those yet. Sorry…
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Advice?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*nods vigorously*
Yes. -
Daeus replied to the topic Advice?? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@emma-flournoy Well, I’m glad. It’s been a huge blessing to me too, having just finally got it inside my thick skull. I learned it at a farming conference of all things. The hardest part is how easy it is to slip from just being faithful to God and letting him do things through you to trying to do great things for God. The second one sounds all…[Read more]
- Load More

Oh, good. I’m grateful.
🙂