-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@overcomer Yeppy, I’ll be here. Maybe not for 2 hr. but I’ll be here for a little while nonetheless.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus Oh wow. Do you mean any movie of Les Mis you’ve ever seen, or any movie at all?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@emma-flournoy Yes, the play is amazing. Of course, they had to seriously abridge everything and they couldn’t possibly be 100% accurate to the book with the limited time, but I’d say they did a good job expressing the core elements of the book. The only issue is that stage directors can do anything they want outside of the script, so when I went…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@aella That’s alright! IPads can be very nitpicky sometimes, can’t they?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@sleepwalkingMK Write about a dog who only eats lemon chicken and only drinks sweet tea.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@His-Instrument I’m reading it right now, and L.O.V.I.N.G. it. The fifty pages on Waterloo were a little hard to get through, though the stuff was interesting. Are you reading an unabridged version?
@Daeus Handel’s Messiah? Ooh, yes. And you’ve seen the play of Les Mis?? Is it accurate to the book?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@Christi-Eaton Heh, I know what you mean. 😀
@Sierra-R Oh you like Les Mis too? That makes me feel better about the whole hijacking think. 😛
@Gretald The best thing since ICE CREAM? Seeing as this is you talking, you must like it well. 😉 Here, you can have a cane, long overcoat, and top hat for your appeasement.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Signet Ring in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
@warrioroftherealm Hrmm. Well, there is @kate-flournoy‘s idea, but here’s a list of random things.
1. A character from his alphabet. (or if you invented a language for the orcs or whatever they are, it could be a symbol from that standing for something related to the villain)
2. snake or some other dangerous thing (like teeth)
3. jewel of some…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@aella Are you still there?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@his-instrument Yes, I have read it. I wouldn’t say it’s my all-time favorite, but It’s probably in the top six or so. Very excellent book. The play is equally amazing. Its music ranks number 2 for me right under the Messiah.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@His-Instrument YES!!! Les Miserables! My favorite book ever! I love that one. And you haven’t even got to the good part yet. *wiggles eyebrows*
And the Chronicles of Narnia— yes. I reread them recently, and was actually stunned how deep they are. I’d only had them read to me before, when I was seven or eight, and so much of the allegory I…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Your loss. *gives you extreme look of Javertian authority*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy nah. I’d rather throw in my lot with the rebels, thanks.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh @Christi-Eaton how exciting! I did see that conversation. I’m sure it would be…interesting (and fun?) to play Madame Thenardier…but…well, she has her problems. 😛 Good luck!!!
Oops @Kate-Flournoy. I thought you might be miffed about it. 😀 Too sad. I knew you’d be back soon enough to join in. Come on and sing like a revolutionary—it’s…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@Christi-Eaton @Emma-Flournoy YOU GUYS ARE HAVING A LES MIS PARTY WITHOUT ME???? *sniff* I’m so betrayed.
*wanders off singing ‘On my own…’* -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Signet Ring in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
@WarrioroftheRealm is there one particular thing that played any defining role in the villain’s life at all? Signets are chosen for their personal significance. It should be something relevant to the character. What one thing really means a lot to him? Perhaps it has some hidden symbolism.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
I’ll continue in your little revolution or whatever this is, as long as we get to sing “Do You Hear the People Sing?” at the top of our lungs.
@Christi-Eaton that sounds like fun!! Too bad I’m on the opposing side of the revolution… *hums softly to self* ‘do you hear the people sing…singing the songs of angry men’. Oh wait, I can be the l…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@aella @winter-rose And now its my turn to take a break. My work for the past long time was 966 words for one story and a few pages edited for my other work. Thanks!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@aella Great! We’ve certainly got a lot of people writing right now, don’t we? 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Great! I’m editing! And Good luck! @Jess
- Load More
