-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@hope Are you still there? I have editing to do.
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@hope You scary. (but I suppose I can be scary at times too. I have a very good Gollum/Sméagol imitation.) 🙂 I talk to myself to, but only absentmindedly, and afterward I can’t remember any conversations I had with myself. So weird.
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@hope-ann Girl, you scary. (but I suppose I can be scary at times too. I have a very good Gollum/Sméagol imitation. 🙂 I talk to myself to, but only absentmindedly, and afterward I can’t remember any conversations I had with myself. So weird.
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@jess Yes, I think that a downfall in most modern writers these days is that the villain side of them always wins. We need to be that light by emphasizing that what is evil is evil and what is good is good.
@corissa-maiden-of-praise … Yeah, what have I begun? It doesn’t have to be only scary stuff though, it can be the good stuff to. Actually,…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@jess Yes, I think that a downfall in most modern writers these days is that the villain side of them always wins. We need to be that light by emphasizing that what is evil is evil and what is good is good.
@corissa-maiden-of-praise … Yeah, what have I begun? It doesn’t have to be only scary stuff though, it can be the good stuff to. Actually,…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
Well, my definition of feminism is like strictly making sure that women have in general equal rights with men. Once people talk about referring to Captainesses because the term Captain is male, that’s not feminism. That’s being a self-centered jerk. And true feminism at its core is biblical. At least that’s my belief.
@Mark-Kamibaya You mean…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
Well, my definition of feminism is like strictly making sure that women have in general equal rights with men. Once people talk about referring to Captainesses because the term Captain is male, that’s not feminism. That’s being a self-centered jerk. And true feminism at its core is biblical. At least that’s my belief.
@Mark-Kamibaya You mean…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Look Who's Finally Introducing Herself in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 11 months ago
@Sarah-H I haven’t seen any of the movies, and to tell you the truth I’m a little leery of doing so. I don’t want to watch one that ruins the story, as so many movies do of books. Have you watched any? I would love to watch an accurate one, but I don’t know if there are any.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Signet Ring in the forum Fantasy 9 years, 11 months ago
… @warrioroftherealm
I think I should be worried now for Dragons and my kind. First, it was a dragon eye, and now its dragon wings… what. have. you. done?
😀 -
Snapper replied to the topic Something less Cliche than Plague in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 11 months ago
@jess … Hmm. Good question. It really depends on what type of thing you like to read. I mean, it’s very actiony, but not in a medieval sort of way. Its like any Marvel movie, without the superpowers, and its a book, and the main characters are kids. People die like, every few books, which I don’t like.
But I really am not sure because I read…[Read more] -
Snapper started the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Hi everyone!
New topic by Dragon Snapper…again. 😀 Well, I just made this topic becaue I know that we as writers all get some pretty crazy ides, and from that, crazy realizations. So anything crazy that we writers come up with that pertain to ourselves, stories, or simply life, we could post it up here.
Mainly for me, I’ve realized that as…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Something less Cliche than Plague in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 11 months ago
@jess Well, there could be a bug that goes around biting everyone (however, I just read a 39 clues with a plot like that…with bees…ew) Erm. Maybe he uses it through radioactive waves? Some sort of wave is very sci-fi-ish. Sounds waves, light waves, gamma rays, manta rays…wait a minute.
Maybe he puts it inside some mass manufactured food…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Something less Cliche than Plague in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 11 months ago
Ooh, scifi… we can go a lot of different places, then. *grins*
M’kay… first idea. They could invent this virus that spreads by contact of skin to skin— it just has to touch you and then the spores go to work, and anyone else you touch catches the same virus. It’s a powder or something, and even one grain of it transfers the disease to the…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Something less Cliche than Plague in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh wow, what a topic @Jess. XD
Okay. It really depends on the genre. Tell me the genre, and I’ll see what horrible outlandish things I can think of. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@aella @overcomer Yeah, I’ve got to eat as wall. I’ll probably be back for story planning. I edited 6 pages. Thanks!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus opera? Wow… never really considered that as a written thing, but now that you mention it, they are stories, aren’t they? 😛
Music isn’t really all that difficult— if you can read it and have the basic foundation (which learning piano is the best way to build, IMO) it’s fairly easy. Assuming, of course, you have the head for it. 😛 I…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus *nods sagely*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@emma-flournoy I think I’d collaborate on the music. I’m always composing music and am supposedly very musical, but I can’t actually write down the music (at least it would be very very difficult for me to do) and I really don’t like playing instruments myself and have very little knowledge of them.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus Neato. Add some nice operas to all the classic ones, what? I’ve never seen an opera, but I don’t think the famous ones have got the best stories, in many aspects at least. :
Do you think you’d compose the music for them as well as write them? -
Daeus replied to the topic Have you read…? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@emma-flournoy Any movie at all. Though our family never really attends the theatre (for no particular reason), that experience decided me that the opera is my favourite art form. I don’t know if it will ever happen, but some day I’d like to write them along with my novels.
- Load More
