-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@winter-rose I might be eating dinner soon, but I’ll join for a few minutes.
-
Snapper started the topic How Would One Write a Screenplay, Exactly? in the forum Film 9 years, 11 months ago
I’m calling anyone who’s tried or has written scripts before. I’d like to try to write one, but I have no foundation. Would someone please give me any advice, tips and maybe an example of a script to get me going?
Thanks!
-Dragon Snapper-
@kate-flournoy @daeus @rolena-hatfield @Julia-r @corissa-maiden-of-praise @anne-of-lothlorien @bluejay @winte…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@corissa-maiden-of-praise CHA-CHING!
So, who else besides me, (this topic has taught me that I’m probably not the only one) reads, writes and thinks of everything as a movie. My books are movies, my writing are movies–which is one reason I have to have the perfect song for each scene–and when I imagine myself doing stuff, it’s a movie. And of…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus well, if I had my way I’d attend every time and have a blast, but… life. 😛 Can’t be too spoiled, ya know. 😉 So I would attend whenever I could— which probably wouldn’t be very often— I probably just wouldn’t say much.
-
Daeus replied to the topic British beta-readers?? in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 11 months ago
Oh, my. I’m so sorry I can’t help you, but I know the situation. My WIP’s two main characters are from England and the story is in the future (though only for the first chapter before they get taken back to the 1300s).
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@emma-flournoy I think Daa-us is right, though I’m not positive since you could pronounce it different ways, but my first guess of what you meant lines up with the correct pronunciation.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
That’s another thing (thanks Sarah). We want to let you ask whatever you want, but we might still have a theme for each one. Anyone have any thoughts on that? What about having a prepared section as well?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus So it’s Daa-us, or Dau-us?
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy Well, that’s the closest wrong one. And anyways, I don’t think there is an official pronunciation. I’ve never even asked my parents how to pronounce it, I just realized one day that I didn’t always pronounce my own name the same way, so I decided on what sounded best to me. Even my on family will pronounce it both ways, though I…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy Do you mean you’d rarely attend or rarely ask questions? One of the ideas here is that you can glean from the question others ask, or at least it could lead to a new idea.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@Daeus Dayus. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
@kate-flournoy Really? *laugs* was it Dee-us? D-s? Day-us?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
*runs around the house singing one day more at the top of her lungs and doing gymnastics she never thought she could do*
I think this is an AWESOME idea @Daeus, and I think it’ll really be helpful for young writers. Bimonthly sounds a bit often, but you guys are the experts.
And just so you know I’d probably never participate; at least…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
I know, @Kate-Flournoy. I don’t fault you for it, I just enjoy it. 😀
@Anne-of-Lothlorien is your name Jessie/Jesse? Or Marian/Marion? Or Danielle/Daniel?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
When it comes to logic, I always think I’m right and it is impossible to offend me because you’re wrong and I should be concerned about you, not myself
@Daeus thank you for summing up my life in one sentence. *hysterical laughter* Okay, I may be a little more sensitive than that, but when it comes to logic, I know when I’m right and if you don…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Here ya go @Hope —lots of dark chocolate. I commend you for liking it dark.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic NaNoWriMo in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
Here ya go @Hope—lots of dark chocolate. I commend you for liking it dark.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*gigantic group hug* I love everybody so much!!!
I have had SO. MUCH. FUN. reading this thread. All the stuffs are just so…nice. 😀 😀About being feely—I like hugs, but only if the recipient likes it too. I would hate to hug someone who didn’t want me too. Also I love handshakes, especially ones with character. There’s something so nice…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 11 months ago
*gigantic group hug* I love everybody so much!!!
I have had SO. MUCH. FUN. reading this thread. All the stuffs are just so…nice. 😀 😀About being feely—I like hugs, but only if the recipient likes it too. I would hate to hug someone who didn’t want me too. Also I love handshakes, especially ones with character. There’s something so nice…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Panel Discussions in the forum Questions and Support 9 years, 11 months ago
@dragon-snapper Oh, yes. Nothing’s changing. This would be an add-on.
- Load More
