-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Cramp in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Ah, those are stress balls.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@The-Bean great. I’ll tag you when we stop.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Cramp in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@The-Bean ha! Yeah, that would be kinda counterproductive. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hope me. See ya at 4:00.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hope aha, so I’m not the only one who freaks out at being the only adult in creaky houses at night… XD
Actually sometimes I freak myself out on purpose just for the experience. Like, walking home in the dark. I KNOW if I start thinking about freaky things I’m going to freak out, but I do it anyway. *shrug* What’s life without a little imagination? 😛 -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Hope aha, so I’m not the only one who freaks out at being the only adult in creaky houses at night… XD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@The-Bean huh. That’s really cool.
-
Kate Flournoy started the topic Writer's Cramp in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I haven’t started a topic in forever guys… I know I’ve not been on here much. I haven’t abandoned you, I promise. Life though. 😛
I just wanted to take a minute to talk about a not-so-pretty-nor-poetic aspect of the writerly way— writer’s cramp. I’ve struggled with this myself ever since I wrote my first four books out by hand in spiral-spine…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Ethryndal first of all just let me say this is really weird, because INTJ females are supposed to be as rare as unicorns, but we have at least three on this site— you, @Hope, and @Jess. KP must be a magnet for all things rare and fascinating. 😛
And second of all, I honestly don’t know. If I’m going through an intense emotional phase (of any…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Anyone ever noticed how events in their life somehow end up in their writing? Like a couple months ago, I went through a minor depression, due to my INTJ tendencies to suppress my emotions, and rereading some of the things I’d written then, I noticed they all had a darker atmosphere than most of my other writing. I also had a character who ended…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Whoops. @Mark-Kamibaya
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Agh, I know. *grimace* This might sound bad, but that’s a problem sometimes with kings and preachers especially—they’re so intent on shepherding their flock or country that they neglect the shepherding of their children.
Does it ever shock you that we have almost the whole book of Proverbs from Solomon, especially with all the stuff about…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose @hope @overcomer @daeus @kate-flournoy @aella @jess @anyone else
Writing tonight? -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Let me put it this way. Parents must try their hardest to be awesome parents. That’s what God wants. But the kids might turn out to be nasty people no matter what the parenting. If the parents actually parented well then they aren’t responsible. Kids, after all, have free will.
@Mark-Kamibaya Well, you’re right. 😛 I do think a child will be [Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya OK, so I guess that means you follow American news pretty closely. 😀
Yes, we can always trust God to do His perfect will. That’s one of my favorite things ever. 😉
And yay for the Cubs! Even though I don’t watch sports. 😛 I love it when the underdogs win.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Serious?

There. Not serious anymore. No one can take that guy seriously. XD
I think it’s just because we’ve all got political burnout and are used to hotly disagreeing with people on this subject. Thank goodness for KP where disagreement is civil. 😛But you’re right. We do still have a lot to be thankful for. And God’s sovereignty is very…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Serious?

There. Not serious anymore. No one can take that guy seriously. XD
I think it’s just because we’ve all got political burnout and are used to hotly disagreeing with people on this subject. Thank goodness for KP where disagreement is civil. 😛But you’re right. We do still have a lot to be thankful for. And God’s sovereignty is very…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya yes, that’s a much better way to put it. Great points.
And the sinless Christian stereotype… wow, don’t even get me started on that one. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Politics in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
I heard that Priebus is a Christian. Anyone have a take on that?
@Mark-Kamibaya ‘by their fruits you shall know them.’
In other words… I don’t think so. Same goes for Trump. I personally believe Trump was ‘over the line’, in your words, which is why I wouldn’t have voted for him (or Hillary) even if I had been old enough. But as far as…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Little Peoples in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@SleepwalkingMK absolutely. XD
@Emma-FLournoy @Mark-Kamibaya yes, and you know why older people do that too? They weren’t raised right as kids. They never came out of that ‘everything centers around me’ stage that kids go through because no one ever taught them better.
- Load More
