-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper I’m actually going to stop now. I’d normally keep going, but when I went to write, I realized it had been so long since I had touched this book, that I needed to review the characters before I kept writing. Now I think I understand them again, but with only ten minutes left, I don’t feel like just hacking out a couple sentences.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@dragon-snapper. Ah, goody. Just saw this.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
I’ve also seen Beyond the Mask— I would watch it again, and there were quite a few positive aspects of it, but it wasn’t just wow for me either. The theme was consistent and fairly subtle, but pretty generic. The best part about it was the MC’s arc, which though a little rushed in places was fairly well constructed otherwise. I really enjoyed…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
I’ve also seen Beyond the Mask— I would watch it again, and there were quite a few positive aspects of it, but it wasn’t just wow for me either. The theme was consistent and fairly subtle, though pretty generic. The best part about it was the MC’s arc, which though a little rushed in places was fairly well constructed otherwise. I really enjoyed…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya Wow. Sounds powerful. 🙂
I’m not sure of all you mean by this though— When you want a character to make a true choice, you don’t choose between good and evil. You must choose between two goods or two evils. That is the law. And that makes for a harder choice. Happened at Eden and it happens today. The moral difficulty makes for a…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Wow, you have a life again. XD I can’t tonight but I should be able to tomorrow.
@Daeus -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Hey folks, I have a life again. Anyone want to write till nine? @kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper @anyone-else
-
Snapper changed their profile picture 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Sorry, sorry…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya wow, you really like that don’t you. 😀 I haven’t seen it.
One of my absolute favorite movies ever that I always forget to mention is Henry V. It’s an adaptation of Shakespeare’s play by the same name, and since we’re talking about themes this also handles its theme really well, though more subtly than some. The real villain isn’t…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Yes, just one concern… You said fangirling, and yet you’re a boy…right? Should I be concerned in the first place? 😛 (I’m just kidding, BTW) I just thought it was funny.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Yes, just one concern… You said fangirling, and yet you’re a boy…right? Should I be concerned in the first place?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Yes, just one concern… You said fangirling, and yet you’re a boy…right?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@daeus @kate-flournoy @bluejay @hope @winter-rose @jess Anyone writing tonight?
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Good Joust in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@rolena-hatfield I’m no expert in jousting, but I do think flails were sometimes used in jousts. The advantage of a flail is that it can whip around an opponent’s shield, but they are hard to wield and bad for defense. Anything specific you wanted to know?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Good Joust in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield you’re welcome. 🙂 It was either you could unhorse them with a blow to their shield or knock their helmet off. Unhorsing by the shield is most common and most convenient, as the jousting helmet is designed specifically to turn such blows. There is no flat surface to land a solid blow save for a tiny tip where all the slopes of the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Good Joust in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Rolena-Hatfield you’re welcome. 🙂 It was either you could unhorse them or knock their helmet off. Unhorsing is most common and most convenient, as the jousting helmet is designed specifically to turn such blows. There is no flat surface to land a solid blow save for a tiny tip where all the slopes of the helmet come together just beneath the…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Aw, poor boy! I’m praying.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Aw, poor boy! I’m praying.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Cramp in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper haha, yes. It’s a muscle cramp, not a mental cramp. XD
- Load More
