-
Daeus started the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Hi friends,
I recently received edits from some friends of mine which caught my attention because they pointed out a few instances where some of my characters used coarse language (and asking me to remove them). It was only a few instances (maybe five or so), but I actually didn’t realize I had that many. Now, simply from a pragmatic perspective,…[Read more]
-
Daeus started the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Hi friends,
I recently received edits from some friends of mine which caught my attention because they pointed out a few instances where some of my characters used coarse language (and asking me to remove them). It was only a few instances (maybe five or so), but I actually didn’t realize I had that many. Now, simply from a pragmatic perspective,…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@Leumeister Er…I’ve entertained brief thoughts of doing so before, but mainly I think I just love my sister’s WIP so much I’m happy with that. 😀 I read it as it comes, and beta-read, and discuss it; so I kind of get a little of the same experience even though not exactly.
Don’t know if I’d have time anyway. 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Ethryndal Ick. Baroness Schraeder, from The Sound of Music. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Is your unreleased quote from Rogue 1?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@mark-kamibaya That’s fine. I understand that it was an insanely long post. 😛
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose Seriously, the timing of that. XD
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@bluejay Pride and Prejudice! Mr. Darcy to Elizabeth Bennett after she finished freezing him with her icy reply to his somewhat-lacking proposal.
Here’s mine: “Darling, haven’t you ever heard of a delightful little thing called boarding school?”
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Fun Way to Get to Know Your Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@His-Instrument MBTI is my life, so… yeah. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Aquila in the forum Sci-Fi 9 years, 10 months ago
@Leumeister yes! Exactly! 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Ha. It’s okay. They probably won’t come anywhere near us anyway. 😛
Hm, yes… *strokes chin* Okay. Cool. I’m not going totally from scratch— I’m rewriting Victorious so I’m working with existing material, but that’ll be helpful to keep in mind. It’ll probably end up more like a list of chronological notes, as you said, but I guess we’ll see…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Ha. It’s okay. They probably won’t come anywhere near us anyway. 😛
Hm, yes… *strokes chin* Okay. Cool. I’m not going totally from scratch— I’m rewriting Victorious so I’m working with existing material, but that’ll be helpful to keep in mine. It’ll probably end up more like a list of chronological notes, as you said, but I guess we’ll see…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Wwwwoooooww… Don’t think the deer will sense something strange and run away? 😛
The book I’m writing now is the only one I’ve ever outlined according to a plan. The other two were just a long list of notes in chronological order. For this one, I tried to plot out all the major plot points in this chart K.M.Wieland has (the yellow, red, and o…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Oh! Okay. Awesome.
…guess what? I’m going to be outlining my next project on Friday! Going hunting with my dad, and I’m going to take a notebook (or two 😛 ) and a pen and see how much I can get done just sitting in a blind all day. XD
How in depth do you usually outline?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy Actually I didn’t write tonight. I plotted out my next chapter and then did a little bit of editing.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus I got 966. Your count picking up any?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus with you all the way.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper. Here I am for the eight to nine write.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@bluejay ??????? Uh… so is mine… I looked it up in a script and it said prize… So… Yay! You win! 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@bluejay ??????? UH… so is mine…
- Load More
