-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic So, um, "hi" guys in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@nataliemarie Welcome to the bestistest place on the internets! (I’ll say it even if others have.) 😛
I’m the other dragon on here, and I breathe fire quite often. *looks pointedly at @kate-flournoy* I’ll tell you quite honestly that chairs and phones are quite fun to melt. But I’ll be nice and spare yours.
So, regardless of chairs and melting…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@the-bean I’m here!
-
Snapper replied to the topic First or Third? in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@bluejay @jess @daeus @kate-flournoy @winter-rose @hope @overcomer
Hello? Yes, I’d like to make an order to write? I’ll aim for a couple thousand words, maybe I’ll be here for an hour or so, who knows. I’m hoping others will join.
Alright, thank you, goodbye.
*hangs up phone and settles down to write* -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@bluejay @jess @daeus @kate-flournoy @winter-rose @hope @overcomer
Hello? Yes, I’d like to make an order to write? Yes, I’ll aim for a couple thousand words, maybe I’ll be here for an hour or so, who knows. Yes, I’m hoping others will join.
Alright, thank you, goodbye.
*hangs up phone and settles down to write* -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 10 months ago
@leumeister Never fear, I am here to assure you that you are NOT the only one like that. No one in my family (least of all, me) can choose our favorite movie either. As long as it’s Pixar or Lord of the Rings or Chronicles of Narnia or some Marvel superhero that’s not Ironman, or any Christian movie that’s not cheesy, etcetery and so forth, we’re…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
@Leumeister XD
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Ah.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@winter-rose @daeus @kate-flournoy @overcomer @hope @jess @anyone-else
I’ll be writing for a while, so if anyone wants to join… -
Daeus replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Must be a pretty thick Bible with all those notes.
Not really. The pages are super thin, though durable.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus Okey-doke. There goes that. 😛 Sometimes I have a thought that seems really legitimate but when I look back on it seems simply grasping at straws.
“but only what is beneficial for the building up of the one in need, that it may give grace to those who hear.” Now, as I see this, this means you should only include clean stuff in your wri…
-
Daeus replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
And there’s three great things about the NET (New English Translation). First of all, it’s a solid translation. I’ve read through their rules and philosophy of translation and it’s all very good stuff. Second, although it’s a literal translation which means they try to translate the actual words of the text, rather than what they think the meaning…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@emma-flournoy Er, well, I don’t know of any word that’s wrong simply because of form. Damn, for instance, is a perfectly legitimate word, it’s only wrong when it is used with the wrong intent that it’s bad.
Now, I guess I should go ahead and explain my thoughts on the second half of the verse. I actually don’t like the NKJV rendering of it…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Here’s the verse, everyone, for convenience. NKJV.
Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. Ephesians 4:29
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus wow. That was some post. It’s so good how deep you’re going to really try and find the answer.
Yep, I know Ephesians 4:29 (memorizing verses is dangerous, but only if you’re afraid of your conscience. 😛 Which is totally natural to be, I know. Human nature.). We use NKJV too. What’s awesome about NET (and what does that stand for)?
With…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Coarse language in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus wow. That was some post. It’s so good how deep you’re going to really try and find the answer.
Yep, I know Ephesians 4:29 (memorizing verses is dangerous, but only if you’re afraid of your conscience. 😛 Which is totally natural to be, I know. Human nature.). We use NKJV too. What’s awesome about NET (and what does that stand for)?
With…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hey Guys, Hi, um…. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 10 months ago
There’s no rule against posting a whole story on here, but there are reasons not to do so. First, if it’s just for entertainment, this isn’t the most convenient place to read a story. If you want editing help though, there are much better ways to get edits (email the document to those interested or use google docs). However, I should mention that…[Read more]
- Load More
