-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Just here to reinforce (with reinforcements of colossal import, mind you) any other Les Miserable recommendations there’ve been. The more there are, the more likely someone will start it. 🙂 I finished it today and around my eyes is literally puffy with all the crying I’ve done, but it’s so worth it. That book is amazing.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Quick Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 10 months ago
Um whoops, reading Kate’s post just now, it hit me you meant if I’d already read your book. 😛 (I saw that in your post but forgot.) So if I’d read your book and loved it, I’d probably want more from you.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Quick Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus I’d go more for the classic, I think.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Quick Survey in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 10 months ago
Good ol’ marketing… 😛
Personally @Daeus, if I had just read your book and loved it, I would want more of the same, not some different author. Setting aside the fact that I personally can’t listen to audiobooks, I think an audiobook would be a great idea. Though I love classics, I would be more incentivized to join your email list if it was…[Read more]
-
Daeus started the topic Quick Survey in the forum 9 years, 10 months ago
Howdy folks,
I’ve got a question for you. You see, I’m thinking through ideas for incentivisers. You’ve probably heard of the sound concept of incentivising people to join your email list through a free book offer. Yeah, well, I plan to do that, but I’ve got something else I want to incentivize and I obviously can’t give away use the same book…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic What Can I Do? in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 10 months ago
I like the bit about the sulky door. I think there is great potential for that. A door with an attitude? Maybe it’s stubborn and decides not to open sometimes? Maybe (if you’re going with other worlds) when they’re trying to get into one world, it will randomly dump them in another, just to be annoying?
Just a thought.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Yeah… I know whatcha mean. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy I wrote 523. It’s strange. I feel like it takes me a half an hour to write hardly anything, and then the last half hour it seems like I’m flying.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
All right @Daeus I’m stopping now— 875 words. Slowly working it back up to what it should be. 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Okay.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus count me in, though I might have to leave a little early.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper I’m writing tonight.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus I searched and the Logan library has it. Yes. *hugely happy grin* I’ll ask if we can have it shipped to our nearer library for us to check out.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus I think the library closest to us is part of the Logan library system…I don’t think the Logan library is part of the Columbus system. I’ll see if I can look it up.
I might just be needing help if I can’t find and read such a thematically rich book though. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
*grins* Thanks. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
There’s a good chance. It’s a classic. Are you not part of the Columbus library system? Are you dying? Do you need help?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Be strong. Press on. Everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@Daeus Gotcha. D’you think we could find it in a small town library; is it well enough known?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
Hm, that could be it… chocolate is one of those things I theoretically love and devour whenever I can get my hands on it, but never really eat… unless in cookies. 😛 I suppose I shall have to struggle bravely through it without medication. *aggrieved sigh*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 10 months ago
@kate-flournoy No, there’s nothing you’re doing wrong.
I wish I had more data, but as far as I can tell, this is a presage case of nihilcocamalendrum, which develops in patients that are not consuming enough chocolate. I advise chocolate at least 14 times a day for three weeks before reevaluating your case.
- Load More
