-
Daeus replied to the topic A Fun Way to Get to Know Your Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Right-o. I gets that. I’ jess sparks my soul, ya know, da way ya put that?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic A Fun Way to Get to Know Your Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus Guess I’ve just been spending lots of time around kewel people. 😛 And of course that’s the only proper way to talk! Who would dare suggest otherwise?
-
Kate Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 9 months ago
@daeus hey, just thought I’d let you know I’m not going to be writing tonight or tomorrow. Tonight visiting some friends, same tomorrow, though different friends. The Brandyberries? I believe you’re familiar with them? They live about ten minutes from my grandparents’. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A Fun Way to Get to Know Your Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus no, she’s talking like I do not-online. XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic A Fun Way to Get to Know Your Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@emma-flournoy What happened to you? All of a sudden you’re talking like me. I mean, of course, that’s the only proper way to do it, but are you alright?
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Catching Trout in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper Yay, hooks! I love hooks! There are several types of them:
1.) Raising a question (as other people have mentioned, I think). I think this one pretty much explains itself.
2.) Creating a vivid character. If you start with an interesting or unusual character, people will be intrigued by them and keep going.
3.) Unexpectedness.…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Catching Trout in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@dragon-snapper Yay, hooks! I love hooks! There are several types of them:
1.) Raising a question (as other people have mentioned, I think). I think this one pretty much explains itself.
2.) Creating a vivid character. If you start with an interesting or unusual character, people will be intrigued by them and keep going.
3.) Unexpectedness.…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic A Fun Way to Get to Know Your Characters in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Leumeister Wul have fun!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Catching Trout in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
O dear, I’ve really gotta learn to notice when there’s a second page. I miss posts I should read before I make mine. Sorry dahling, didn’t know you’d already answered his post. 😛 @Kate-Flournoy
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Catching Trout in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Such affability…and…condescension!
*unmuffled chuckles* I know. I figured that’s what you meant. 😛 It is true. You have so thematically enriched my life, O Great Teacher.
@Daeus This one: ‘Wind howled through the night, carrying a scent that would change the world.’ And then ‘A tall Shade lifted his head and sniffed the…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A writing idea. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Every day? Heh… no pressure. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic A writing idea. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Really now? I should keep coming up with ideas then. Just think, if I came up with ideas like this one every day until I was eighty, imagine how rich I’d be when I turned eighty-one!
-
Daeus replied to the topic A writing idea. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Really now? I should keep coming up with ideas then. Just think, if I came up with ideas like this every day till I was eighty, just think how rich I’d be when I turned eighty-one!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A writing idea. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus someday you are going to be a billionaire. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic A writing idea. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
This just gave me an idea for a website. What if there were a site where readers could go and vote on book ideas that they would like to see written? Readers could create an account and then select different types of writing they like. Writers could then log in with their story ideas and categorize them under the reader groups they think their…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A writing idea. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Timothy-Young well good for you, because now that I think of it I couldn’t really care less what people think so long as I was happy with it. 😛 Guess I won’t get much business that way, will I? 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic A writing idea. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
This is… interesting. I definitely see how it could be of some value if you’re desperate for ideas.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus hm… maybe it’s not so much the wording or actual point that needs changing up, but the perspective? When you just describe the plot, @Mark-Kamibaya‘s right— it does mirror TCoMC very closely. But it’s not the plot that makes the story unique. No truly good story should have to stand only on its plot. That would be pathetic. *chuckles*…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus hm… maybe it’s not so much the wording or actual point that needs changing up, but the perspective? When you just describe the plot, @Mark-Kamibaya‘s right— it does mirror TCoMC very closely. But it’s not the plot that makes the story unique. No truly good story should have to stand only on its plot. That would be pathetic. *chuckles*…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Well, it is kinda a revamped Monte Cristo, but I don’t think I’d say so. TCOMC is definitely the closest book I can think to it, but pretty much everything that happens is significantly different, the MCs are very different, and the last part is especially different. It’s just the overall feel of the novel which is very similar.…[Read more]
- Load More

Ha! Yeah, my dad taught Elisha and Noah computer programming. Tell them hi for me.
Alright, well, that’s not too bad since I wasn’t able to write tomorrow anyway. We’re taking some friends to the ark.
Oooh, fun! Enjoy it. 😀