-
Snapper replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 9 months ago
@mark-kamibaya Now it’s my turn to apologize for not replying… *apologizes*
Right, so not liking romance is another part of my rebellion. “Join me and we can never watch romances again!” All the books in my age group, and sometimes under, are romances. Have romances. It makes me sick. Love triangles are terrible. I honestly don’t understand…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hope finally has her wish. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@northerner
so, you quote? And you are contrary? *eyes you suspiciously*
Excellent. I myself am a rebel.
I, Dragon Snapper, one of the only resident dragons–not excluding @kate-flournoy – welcome you here. It is fantabulous. Be warned of the dragons. Fatefully, though not without my dissent, I myself am one: a dragon. It causes no disadvantage…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Hope finally has her wish. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@northerner
so, you quote? And you are contrary? *eyes you suspiciously*
Excellent. I myself am a rebel.
I, Dragon Snapper, one of the only resident dragons–not excluding @kate-flournoy – warn you to watch out for those of us who have slightly lost our minds in ventures of writing. I am one of those. Fatefully, though not without my dissent, I…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Hope finally has her wish. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@northerner
so, you quote? And you are contrary? *eyes you suspiciously*
Excellent. I myself am a rebel.
I, Dragon Snapper, one of the only resident dragons–not excluding @kate-flournoy–warn you to watch out for those of us who have slightly lost our minds in ventures of writing. I am one of those. Fatefully, though not without my dissent, I…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hope finally has her wish. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
Welcome, @northerner! I am Ethryndal, the resident Elf. Everyone on KP is insane to some extent, so I think you’ll fit right in. 🙂 Oh, and you like to quote? Now I like you more… 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hope finally has her wish. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@northerner Thanks. I really think I’ll check him out.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hope finally has her wish. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@northerner I’ve read some Father Brown stories, which I really liked. I think that’s all though.
Btw, the book’s free on kindle too.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hope finally has her wish. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@northerner A ballad about Alfred? *freaks out* I HAVE to read that.
Ok, I just downloaded it off Amazon. Thanks for the recommendation.
A book on postmodernism could be great. Let me know if you write it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hope finally has her wish. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@northerner Well, I do happen to be an Alfred the great fanatic, so I’ve considered writing about him at some point, but it probably wouldn’t be for at least two or three years.
I’m glad you’re into historical fiction. I love the genre and would probably write mostly in it if I didn’t find the research aspect so daunting.
That’s cool you get to…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hope finally has her wish. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@Northerner Beowulf! Yes!!! And Sir Gawain and the Green Knight— YES! And Anglo-Saxon history— YES. All that stuff is amazing. And the SCA sounds really fun.
Question— have you read ‘Beyond Sing the Woods’, by Trygve Gulbransson? It’s a really old book, and Norse, not Anglo-Saxon, but I really like it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hope finally has her wish. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
@Northerner Beowulf! Yes!!! And Sir Gawain and the Green Knight— YES! And Anglo-Saxon history— YES. All that stuff is amazing. And the SCA sounds really fun.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 9 months ago
@sarah-h Because producers don’t want their movies edited, as I understand it. And I think they’ve already lost the case, but they have the funds to and are planning on carrying it even to the supreme court if need be.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
XD
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy Thanks, mom. I really needed to hear that. I’ll have to be more dynamic in my denial.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus *in most convincing ‘mom’ voice* It’s not what you say, it’s how you say it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Yowee. Say one neutral, reasonable non-condescending statement and you give me explosions and knife blades! I really can’t believe this, @kate-flournoy. *sulks off in corner*
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus *glares*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy What? What a crazy idea! Why would you read it?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hope finally has her wish. in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 9 months ago
Welcome to KP @Northerner! So glad to have you. 🙂
- Load More
