-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
Oh, by the way, the image isn’t the full resolution it will be and the clearish lines and stuff will be removed when the design is done.
-
Daeus started the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
Hello everybody,
I’m working on getting a book cover designed at the moment, and I wanted to see what your thoughts were on it. My personal thoughts at the moment are that I’d like the font to be richer, somewhat goldish though also with a bit of brownish-copper. I’m also thinking of having my name be the same color. My other thought is that I’d…[Read more]
-
Daeus started the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
Hello everybody,
I’m working on getting a book cover designed at the moment, and I wanted to see what your thoughts were on it. My personal thoughts at the moment are that I’d like the font to be richer, somewhat goldish though also with a bit of brownish-copper. I’m also thinking of having my name be the same color. My other thought is that I’d…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
If anyone’s still out there, I’m going for another hour
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
And now I’m taking another break, but I’ll be back for more.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@jess @winter-rose I’m back for another hour.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@emma-flournoy @sarah-h @rolena-hatfield @sierra-r @kate-flournoy @jess Thank you all for praying! If you could just keep it up a little longer, it would be much appreciated. I think it’s so amazing that people here pray for each other even though they’ve never actually met in person. It makes you think about how big God really is, that He can…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Illustrations and Personal Opinions Regarding Them in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@i-j-anderson I personally like illustrations, if they’re done well, though too often I pick up a book with illustrations that look like they were done by a four year old. (You know, blobby noses, faces that are basically just a circle, and pathetic backgrounds)
Or the illustrator paid absolutely no attention to the author’s descriptions. Like, a…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Alright. I’m gonna take a break now, but I’ll be back. I proofread something like four chapters.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Jess praying lots!
He designed the machine they’re using for his surgery?! -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@aella @winter-rose Ok, I’m back. I think I’ll try to go for an hour without breaking.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@aella I’m just finishing over here, but I’ll be back in about an hour or so and then I’ll keep going for a couple hours.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy Glad you liked it.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Merry Christmas! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@rolena-hatfield I really enjoy getting together with family and spending time with them.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus soooo… I read Cry the Beloved Country. I absolutely loved it. It’s a really unique book— not just the odd original punctuation, but the style, and the relative flatness of the plot, and yet it’s such a stirring book. It’s like reading a poem or something. 😀 Also it was a thinking book, not a preaching book, which I love for obvious…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
Yay, it worked.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus These three sentences
Matthew returns years later with wealth and power, ready to fulfill his vengeance. Assuming the mysterious guise of Edwin Brook he begins his struggle for justice. Uncanny events, however, keep thwarting his every move.
sound choppy to me.
Too ‘this, and this. Then this, and this. Then this.’ I think it would…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
Otherwise, @daeus I think it’s great!
- Load More
