-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose Yeah, I do know what you mean. Hopefully I’ll have version two tomorrow.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Thanks @Daeus. ‘Preciate it. XD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
Also my wifi will probably cut out before nine, so… may not actually get the results anyway. :/
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy I’ll tell you what words are! They’re letters that mean something. Go forth and conquer.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
WELL SOME OTHER WORD FOR WAR-ZONE! XD Web. Net. Trap. Confusion. Desolation.
Because plummets is a singular action that does not match up with the plural of tangled plots.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus I’m… writing? 😛 More like sitting staring at my screen asking myself ‘wut r words’ and dabbing my nose with tissues and trying not to sneeze everywhere because I have a cold… but it makes me happy that I’m trying… sort of… I’ll try a bit harder, I guess. Just don’t expect stunning results. XD
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
War-zone makes it sound like a WWII story.
@Daeus Myself is most sorry. *cringe* I didn’t remember who said to change it, but maybe that doesn’t work grammatically (why doesn’t ‘plummets into tangled plots work’ though?) …so do what yourself’s brain suggests. Critics aren’t for making you do what they want, after all, but for suggesting. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy *winces* Subtlety is a virtue, my dear. And if it isn’t it should be.
And I like the font as it is. That’s one of my favorite fonts. If popular vote demands I suggest another I shall do my best, but I really don’t think the font needs to be changed.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus you poor thing. @Emma-Flournoy we are sticklers for grammatical excellence around here. *glowers*
*sighs**rubs eyes* Okay. How about this. How about we play politicians here and work out a compromise. Is there some way you could make it grammatically correct to use both plummets and tangled plots? You’d need a transition of a few words—…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus I wasn’t thinking the font should be changed, just really toned down in color; I had meant for the design under the title when I said something more angular.
I suppose it could work the same way to change the font to something more angular…in fact that might be better ’cause I like sub-title design.
Of those fonts you linked I think…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy @anyone-else. I’m gonna write for an hour, then possibly some more.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@emma-flournoy *throws hands in the air* I changed it because your sister told me to. Go fight it out with her!
Seriously @kate-flournoy, what do you think?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus That’s great. 🙂 Only thing I’d say more is maybe have a stronger verb than encounter for the ‘he encounters tangled plots…’ stuff. I see why you changed it, ’cause one can hardly plummet into bandits; but just ‘encounters’ is a little unexciting.
And actually, reading the other one again, I like it better as ‘plummets’, without the…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus That’s great. 🙂 Only thing I’d say more is maybe have a stronger verb than encounter for the ‘he encounters tangled plots…’ stuff. I see why you changed it, ’cause one can hardly plummet into bandits; but just ‘encounters’ is a little unexciting.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus yes! I love it!
@Christi-Eaton I read it as ‘Forced to confront everything he fights for—shattered; everything he cherishes— put to the test, and a long hidden truth’ etc. The everything he fights for is shattered, and he has to confront that about it.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Attack this, please in the forum Novel Critique Requests 9 years, 9 months ago
Hey, y’all, this any better?
Matthew is sworn to avenge a murder. His dedication to his wronged family is powerful enough to bring him through any trial, but youth and inexperience hold him back. Setting out to find new strength, he encounters tangled plots, tragedies, bandits, and a deep uncertainty surrounding his destiny. Matthew returns years…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus *chokes* That is hilarious.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@winter-rose. Hmm. I’m not sure if the gradation in the color is giving it that feel or if it’s just the color. One way or another though, I think I can get it fixed.
Were you thinking something more medieval like…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@kate-flournoy Aye aye. Will do, miss. Since you mentioned perspective…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 9 months ago
@Daeus oh dear. That’s awful. Try a little perspective next time. I hear it works wonders.
- Load More
