-
Daeus started the topic Plotting the interminable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Howdy folks,
As you may have heard, I got this weird idea into my head to write a fantasy novel. Now, as it turns out, I’m actually getting super excited about it and expect it will end up longer than my other books. Well, lucky me, I ended up hearing someone say that if you have a 150,000 word novel, you should split it up into three 50,000 word…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
*confetti falls from cotton-candy colored rain-clouds*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@overcomer @northerner @winter-rose Okay, I’m back and ready to write/plan. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@overcomer Huzzah! We have won! I finally found out which story I’m going to write next along with the theme course. Thanks for writing!
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus those changes seriously helped it look more historical fictiony. It’s great.
I like the second one better, with the gleam on the words.
I think it might look better though if the gold was a little darker, whether you put it for the title or the subtitle, or with or without a gleam. It looks pretty similar to the silver. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@overcomer I will be with you for unknown amount of time. Might have to leave in a few minutes, but I’ll see if I can be productive. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
I’ll be writing for about an hour if anyone’s interested.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic HUGE Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus Ah, okay.
-
Daeus replied to the topic HUGE Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal So, Josiah will have the official answer on this, but I can’t see how it could possibly be any other way unless we deleted your account (which would be against our lifetime access policy)
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic HUGE Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper XD
I have a quick question, @Daeus @Aratrea. Do people who enrolled in the beta-version not have access to the polished version once it’s, you know, been polished? -
Snapper replied to the topic Discussion for Video One: Introduction in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Yaaay!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Discussion for Video One: Introduction in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Yaaay!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Discussion for Video One: Introduction in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Ah, I get ya. Yep, that’s exactly what this course should teach you.
-
Snapper replied to the topic HUGE Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal They signed the KP Awesomeness Paper this morning. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Discussion for Video One: Introduction in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Kinda…it was more like ‘if I want to have my book stand out as Christian then why haven’t I done that yet?’ I really only added a verse here and a verse there, a bible reference there and here. So, yeah, it did feel cheesy, though it wasn’t pushy. Too simple.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Discussion for Video One: Introduction in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Kinda…it was more like if I want to have my book stand out as Christian then why haven’t I done that yet? I really only added a verse here and a verse there, a bible reference there and here. So, yeah, it did fell cheesy, though it wasn’t pushy. Too simple.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic HUGE Announcement! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
It’s official. Kingdom Pen is amazing. I’m going to sign up right now.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Discussion for Video One: Introduction in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Let me just clarify: Are you saying that whenever you tried to share a message in your story, it either seemed too simple and therefore cheesy or too pushy and therefore cheesy? Or am I misunderstanding?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic shameless advertising….for my friend in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@zoe-wingfeather thanks for the info. 🙂 Looks like she does some pretty cool stuff.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Discussion for Video One: Introduction in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea Exactly what you made it for, to write appealing Christian fiction that’s not ‘bored-to-tears’ type of reading. To learn how to incorporate theme into all my writing and that it would be moving. I’ll admit that I have had problems with the boring repetition for any audience. Either I was telling someone something they already knew, or I…[Read more]
- Load More
