-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@Leumeister Weeeeeell, looks like everyone else has pretty much said my main thoughts, so, yeah. I do like the title font and the metallic quality of it. Looks spacey. And I know this is just a rough draft, but when you start to polish it up, I would just remember to do something with the people, so they don’t look like their walking around in…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Computers, and the opinions on them ~The KP forum in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose the hardware you can’t really customize, though especially with the newer ones, there’s no real need to. If you’re talking about user interface, I have no idea.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Plotting the interminable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus… LGK? ‘Little Green Kate’??? *hysterical chuckling* I like that. :”D
-
Daeus replied to the topic Plotting the interminable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper …You’re right… I’ll start calling her LGK from now on.
Yeah, short books are nice. I’m mainly doing it for marketing reasons though. And, hey! It’s very Tolkienesque.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Plotting the interminable. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Wait, @kate-flournoy is already green. She’s a dragon, isn’t she? 😛
Okay, I actually like the idea of splitting one hugeongeous book into three mainly because then I feel like I’ve finished something when there’s still more to do. I would have finished something (reading your book) three times. I’ve read a book before, except I didn’t,…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@leumeister My main thought is to accent the stars more. First of all, it looks like their focal point is on the title. I’m not an expert, but my impression is that a better focal point would be between the spaceship and the title. Also, I would make the light streams from the stars a lot more prominent. It would add motion and also draw eyes…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@s-g-dewey Writer’s block…grr.. Yep, I’ve had that for longer than I care to say as well, though I am definitely getting over it. Story ideas everywhere!
As for names: William, Alexander, Raynold, David… why is it so hard to come up with names, self? There are millions in the world, and yet I can only come up with four. 😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@leumeister Ooh…Ahh… I love the font, and the metallic feel of it. Very spacey. Though the cover is quite dark; the shading in contrast again the stars is hard to make out. I wasn’t sure at first it was a spaceship, but if it were lighter, I probably could.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
Excellent font choice, by the way. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@Leumeister I love the title, though it might be a little too metallic to show up well against your background, and as far as I can tell with your experimental models, the actual cover looks like it’ll be well laid out. It does seem a bit too dark though, and besides that maybe a little uniform. There’s nothing really eye-catching about the cover…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@s-g-dewey I’m still convinced it’s chocolate. 🙂 And ah yes, those terrible names where you sit and stare at it for three minutes trying to figure out if it’s Thee-o-den, or Thay-o-den. Fortunately, I don’t think I’ve got that problem; one of my MCs is named Lotch… But if you’re not writing fantasy, then thankfully, most people will probably…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus I like it. A lot. I would tend to agree that the silver subtitle does look best.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
Ok, this is what we’re at now. I personally like it with the silver subtitle better, but I’m thinking it might be good to make the name gold. (There’s now a shadowed effect on the title like you said, @emma-flournoy) Any thoughts?


-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
Oops @Ethryndal *ducks head* But I thought it was good she even had an idea, considering she’d had writer’s block for a long time?
And that’s true what you said about forcing names. I’ve never done that, but I’ve had to change names before, and let me tell you it was not fun. I referred to her as Lily for months after I changed it, just cuz it…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Yep! That’s one of my favorites.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Winter-Rose Well, I have to go now. I wrote 437 words. Thanks for writing with me! Fun, it has been. 😛
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
From Star Wars to Lord of the Rings… XD
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Bless us and splash us, Precious!
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Winter-Rose Jedi, I am. 🙂 I know, lame I am. *shrugs* We don’t all have it. 🙂
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Winter-Rose Yeesh, how long did it take you to figure out how to say that in Yodanese?
- Load More
