-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Discussion for Video Three: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Aratrea that’s true. I guess that just goes to show how important perspective is.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@leumeister Now that you’ve added more to the spaceship, it seems to me that the characters might look a little squished down there at the bottom. My suggestion would be to move them up to the center side by side and make them in the background with fading. Working on their expressions could add that element of question if you do it right.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Okay, I really really have it this time. Guardians of the Galaxy: Jack Frost says it to the tooth fairy.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Ice Age: Age of the Dinosaurs. Sid says it when the dinosaur takes him along with her other eggs.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Actually, disregard that. Photography homework calls. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic Discussion for Video Two: The Importance of Theme in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea I like being able to include everything that works together as a puzzle (like what Kate said in the first lesson 😛 ) and work together like gears in a clock. The Theme seems to tie all the lose ends I had before.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Winter-Rose I’ll be here for an unknown amount of time.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Russian and Australian. I have no idea. Is it something Disney?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose For some reason the first thing that came to my head was Star Trek, then I realized that wasn’t animated. 😛
The Rescuers Down Under? -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus I love that one. My vote goes for that.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Discussion for Video Three: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus I agree. Great points.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Discussion for Video Three: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy That’s a good distinction. As far as the practical application between personal and universal themes, I don’t think there’s any significant difference. One thought I have is that it is generally best to use universal and personal themes in combination. For instance cowardice with the meaning of life, responsibility with justice,…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
Ok, Here’s the same thing only with the name in gold. Any votes between the gold and silver name? @kate-flournoy @emma-flournoy @dragon-snapper @rolena-hatfield @sarha-h

-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Discussion for Video Three: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
Les Miserables. 😀
Theme: justice and mercy.
Focusing question: which one triumphs?
Message: it’s justice that makes mercy necessary.Hmm… those are slightly different than the format of the others you shared… and now my brain is tickling… I wonder…
Oh yes. This was that idea— I’ve thought about this some already. 😛 It seems to me…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal That, my friend, is the worst. *falls to the floor*
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Oh boy! Happy six months! I’m trying to find the courage to start the Silmarillion at the moment.
You know what’s the worst thing ever? When someone who doesn’t get it says something to the effect of, “Oh, just get over it and write something.” *rips out hair* They know nothing.
-
Snapper replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal @s-g-dewey Writer’s block, how some people don’t have it remains a mystery to me. Maybe they aren’t like me, a procrastinator, and actually take time to plan out every single scene that is bound to happen. 😛
I pronounce it as Thay-o-den as well, but I saw LOTR before I read it, so that really was never a problem for me. And now I’m…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal @winter-rose Gah! I feel like I’ve heard it too, but I can’t quite place it. … Is there something along the lines of a hint you could give us? 😉
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Winter-Rose Arg…sounds so familiar…
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper @s-g-dewey Though some of us more than others may be prone to chuckle evilly when they hear a fellow has it and they’re not the only one… 😛 Not that I would ever do that… BUT in all seriousness, writer’s block is the worst curse of the writing kind, and I would not wish it upon any one. Really. 😉
I pronounce it Thay-o-den. I…[Read more]
- Load More
