-
Snapper replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal At times, but it’s more my fault than anything. I am a…selective reader. I’ve probably begun as many stories as books are on my shelf. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@daeus I’ll join you for a bit.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Hey, folks. I’m going in till six.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper I won’t judge you for it. Tolkien’s a hard guy to follow. 🙂
-
Snapper replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal @emma-flournoy @daeus I actually started reading it last summer, and even now the Fellowship just left Rivendell. 😛 Slow reader, no. Sluggish reader, yes.
-
Daeus replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@emma-flournoy Yep.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@Ethryndal Why thank you. And I happen to like peoples’ respect better than trophies, so yay. 😀
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper @Daeus @Winter-Rose Well, I’m going to take a break now. I rewrote a whole bunch and feel surprisingly satisfied with it. Thanks for the icecream party. 🙂
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy Not a skimmer then? *hands you trophy* You have won my respect.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@Ethryndal Yay! You won’t regret it.
@Daeus is right though…six months is an exaggeration. I’m a slow reader too, and it only took me about a month and a half. It’s not hard if you’re really interested. 😉Congrats for being a slow reader, Daeus. That’s good. *very serious nodding* Every teensy detail about everything we must catch and…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@leumeister Hmm… I feel like I liked 1.1 better actually. In my opinion, the title was right how you had it before. As for the characters, there might some way to make them work, but I’m thinking now that you might have an easier time of it not worrying about them. I know, that sounds radical, but it’s going to be hard to fit them on there in a…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy's profile was updated 9 years, 8 months ago
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus Well that’s good. I was pretty sure it wouldn’t, for me, anyway, since I’m a fast reader and got through LOTR in roughly two months. The Silmarillion’s kind of smaller.
-
Daeus replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal It really doesn’t take six months. I think I did it in one month and I’m a very slow reader.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@emma-flournoy I literally laughed out loud about the “fair, strong, and tall” part. You’re right; that is so Tolkien. XD And yeah, I heard that it’s no walk in the park. But then I thought, “Do I call myself a Tolkien geek and not read the Silmarillion? I’m braver than this!” So here I go. And I love background. Especially when Galadriel’s in it.…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@Leumeister I know this is SO helpful, but, pretty much what everyone else said. 😛 Especially about the need for a question.
And do you mean, can we tell the character on the left is a girl? I think that’s what you meant. That ‘left’ made you write ‘right’. 😛
I can tell, since you mentioned it, but I might be unsure if I didn’t know. -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@S-G-Dewey I really really like the name Douglas; from what you said I think that could fit him. (I have a brother named Douglas, but I love the name even if it wasn’t one of my family members’. 😀 )
@Ethryndal START THE SILMARILLION. Happy six months indeed…but START IT. It ain’t a breeze ta get through, but it’s sure good (obviously aside…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus I like Dire Recompense a lot better.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Book Cover Opinions #2 in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
b@Daeus I like Dire Recompense a lot better.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago

I’m sorry.
- Load More
