-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
…that also sounds vaguely familiar. Hint?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@J-mastron
…that also sounds vaguely familiar. Hint?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Quote That in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@joy-mastron …that also sounds vaguely familiar. Hint?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Discussion for Video Three: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
@aratrea I’m trying to figure out what my theme should be for my next book, but I’m having a bit of trouble figuring out which one to do. Can I have more than one theme, like two, maybe?
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Going Live in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus Just when you think KP can’t get any better. This. Is. So. COOL.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Going Live in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@leumeister @i-j-anderson @perfectfifths @ethryndal @writefury @sleepwalkingmk @the-bean @anne-of-lothlorien @julia-r @gideon-sowdon @anne-swiftblade @corissa-maiden-of-praise @jess @his-instrument @timothy-young @kate-flournoy @winter-rose @overcomer @ingridrd @faithdk @gretald @alia @hannah-c @sarah-h @jadamae @mark-kamibaya
Hey everybody, this…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Homework for Video 3: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 8 months ago
@Aratrea Well, after three days of pondering, I’ve finally figured out the theme of my novel, which I’m currently editing. Here we go:
Theme: The intrinsic worth of humanity
Focusing Question: What gives a person value?
1. If they’re useful to society
2. If they have great social appeal (beautiful, smart, funny)
3. If they’re good
4. If they’re…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
It was kind of an overlay of the characters, pasted over the top of the main ship in FTL travel. I’ve seen it implemented in other places, and I thought it would be a good style on the cover. They actually fade into the background a little, as if to say, “They’re not actually there…” Perhaps I need to accentuate that a little more.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
@leumeister For version 3.0 with the purple cover, I kinda like the ship blueprint, but overall the previous versions were much better. 1. They were more balanced. 2. They looked more spacey. 3. There was motion. 4. There was a focal point.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Another Book Cover! in the forum Art 9 years, 8 months ago
“Can you tell that the character on the right is a girl”?
@leumeister I kind of had it backwards and thought the character on the left was a girl and the one on the right was a boy. Merp.
I think cover 2 has possibilities, though I think the title is slightly too big. It kind of looks like it’s falling off the page. And about the Cover 1,…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Favorites? in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
HELP!!! *scrambles with fire extinguisher as he screams and activates all alarms*
I don’t have a book to read. I’ve reserved a book from the library, but I have to actually wait for it. *bites fingernails*
In the meantime, do any of you have any favorite classics? I’d prefer a shorter one so I can finish it by the time my reserve comes in.
Thanks 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper Oh I KNOW. That chapter is sooo long and deep. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@jess Alright, I’m going to stop now, but I was able to write two pages of notes for one character. Thanks!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@jess Great!
Nice profile pic! -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@daeus @kate-flournoy @jess @winter-rose @ethryndal @bluejay @aella @anyone else @overcomer
And I’m writing again, for whoever wants to join. -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@daeus @kate-flournoy @jess @winter-rose @ethryndal @bluejay @aella @anyone else
And I’m writing again, for whoever wants to join. -
Snapper replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@emma-flournoy 😛
I’ve read it once before, which is probably why I’m not holding myself to it so strictly this time. I’ve recently finished the council of Elrond, which took me forever. :O
I haven’t read the Silmarillion yet, though. -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic I need a character name! Help! in the forum Novel Idea Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper Oh my. 😀 But I won’t judge you either because Tolkien can indeed be hard to follow. Is this the first time you’ve read it?
I don’t know how long LotR took me…it was awhile ago and I’m seriously wanting to read it again. I think LotR is easier than the Silmarillion though ’cause it’s more immediately engaging. 😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@daeus No problem! I did a little bit more character development. Sorry I didn’t respond immediately, though. I had to go to dinner but my computer was freaking out, so I couldn’t warn you. Here is my late warning. *red button flashes and alarms go off*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Wrote 512. Thanks for joining in.
- Load More
