-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Arc-What's That? in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@Winter-Rose nope, looks good. I would make the distinction that for a flat arc, the arc is actually the story changing to fit the truth of the character, not the other way around as it is with the other arcs.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Arc-What's That? in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@Winter-Rose nope, looks good.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Arc-What's That? in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus *chokes* Hilarious. *tries not to split her side laughing* Perhaps once I do a deeper study of that I shall figure out what the disparity is between the two and get it taken care of.
For now, you guys can call it whatever you want. -
Daeus replied to the topic Character Arc-What's That? in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy That makes it worse. Rev 3:16 “So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth.”
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Arc-What's That? in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus I went with both! Didn’t you see??? :’D
-
Daeus replied to the topic Character Arc-What's That? in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Pretty much what Kate said. Basically, every character has some sort of character. Generally though, that changes over the course of the story. Every character’s change is different, but the idea is that they can all be classified into different archetypes. Each of these archetypes is what we call a character arc and studying these…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Arc-What's That? in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
Oh wow… what an enormous question, @Dragon-Snapper. 😛
*screams* @ARATREA I NEED YOU!! HELP! 😛Okay, okay. Settle down Kate. *clears throat*
Let me explain.
Uh… no. There is too much.
Let me sum up. 😉
A character arc is basically the change a character goes through over the course of a story. From one belief to another. In fact, this is…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Arc-What's That? in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@rolena-hatfield @spradlin @writefury @Audrey-caylin @alia @anne-swiftblade @Hannah-c @corissa-maiden-of-praise @sleepwalkingMK
Like I said, I try to tag all the peoples…and that’s a lot of peoples. 😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Arc-What's That? in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@rolena-hatfield @spradlin @writefury @Audrey-caylin @alia @anne-swiftblade @Hannah-c @corissamaidenofpraise @sleepwalkingMK
Like I said, I try to tag all the peoples…and that’s a lot of peoples. 😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Arc-What's That? in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@jadamae @I-j-Anderson @aella @s-g-dewey @the-bean @aysia-serene @Christi-eaton @sierra-r
(I tries to tag all the peoples) 😀
@anne-of-lothlorien -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Arc-What's That? in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@jadamae @I-j-Anderson @aella @s-g-dewey @the-bean @aysia-serene @Christi-eaton @sierra-r
(I tries to tag all the peoples) 😀 -
Snapper replied to the topic Character Arc-What's That? in the forum Characters 9 years, 8 months ago
@jadamae @I-j-Anderson @aella @s-g-dewey @the-bean @aysia-serene @Christi-eaton @sierra
(I tries to tag all the peoples) -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 8 months ago
@Mark-Kamibaya hey, no rush.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Favorite Movies in the forum Film 9 years, 8 months ago
A theme song for a character in her innocence can be sung at the end (after all their hardships which has turned her harsh) which harks back to a time when she wasn’t so tainted by the world.
@Mark-Kamibaya I see what you did there… 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Sierra-R *sits and silently judges you*
XD jk.I think I probably would have liked Tauriel and Kili better if the romance had not progressed so ridiculously fast and gone from ‘I hate you because you’re an elf and who doesn’t hate elves’ to ‘Do you think she could have loved me?’ in the span of half a movie… and ugh, yes. Thranduil just took…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy and
Audrey Caylin are now friends 9 years, 8 months ago -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Homework for Video 5: Character Arc in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 8 months ago
Whew… okay. This took some fancy mental gymnastics because my protagonist is in second-draft-stage and still needs work, but I think I got it how it’s going to be once I’m done. The arc is one of the more complex ones, actually… disillusionment, so it’ll look a bit different. Anyway.
Beginning: begins with basic belief/hope that despite all…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy Nice count. I went through a couple of notes my dad made on my book and proofread my first chapter again.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flounoy Nice count. I went through a couple of notes my dad made on my book and proofread my first chapter again.
- Load More
