-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@Audrey-Caylin We’ve all made that mistake at least once before. 😉
@Gabriellemassman Mae Govannen, fellow INTJ! It does my heart good to see another of my rare personality type. I hope KP will be as much of a blessing to you as it has been to me! I’m going to go read that poem now so I can redeem my name of Tokien Geek…
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@audrey-caylin Close. It’s bestistest.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Sierra-R If it’s any consolation, I used to be crazy about Kili and Tauriel myself. (Kind of secretly, but still. 😛 ) Even now I don’t despise it with everything in me…I just think it’s a little silly and gets in the way of other relationships (even though I still like some of the scenes). *shrug* But I think no less of you, at any rate. 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Ethryndal Ah well, I forgive you. 😉
Maybe they thought it would be needed for the next king or something, but really…
Um, no. No one but Thorin should get the Arkenstone.
But doesn’t the Elven Crush trump all? Come on, she walks on starlight in another world! That’s way more important than even shedding a tear over the Impal…
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Ah well, I forgive you. 😉
Maybe they thought it would be needed for the next king or something, but really…
Um, no. No one but Thorin should get the Arkenstone.
But doesn’t the Elven Crush trump all? Come on, she walks on starlight in another world! That’s way more important than even shedding a tear over the Impaled-And-Pitched Broth…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
Ooops, or third, apparently. XD
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
Hello, Gabrielle! Let me be second to welcome you. 😉
I’m actually a fellow Tolkienite and I had never read that poem… I just went and looked it up and now I’m choking. THAT. IS. AMAZING. I have a new favorite. Thanks so much for recommending it!And your book sounds lovely. Welcome to KP. 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@GabrielleMassman Good ta meet ya!
*gasp* I LOVE that poem!! Wow. It’s one of my favorites.
And Les Miserables is one of my absolute favorite books too, so yay. 🙂Hope you have a great time here.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@daeus Of course. I was just testing you.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@dragon-snapper Ah, a dragon is never late.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@daeus I’m late, but I’m here now.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
Hi, @gabriellemassman! I’d like to officially welcome you to the bestistest place on the internet. Hmm, tough thing balancing this with time management, but at least whatever time you do have for here will be well spent.
Hey, tell me more about your story. It sounds neat. I’m hoping to write some fantasy soon, so I want to hear about your…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Homework for Video 4: Experiment in Living in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus Ah, okay. Thanks! 🙂
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
*lowers voice not at all* Of course I’ve seen the extended version. What kind of fan do you think I am?
@Emma-Flournoy Forgive me of such slander! Sackcloth and ashes are forthcoming. 😛
I haven’t seen the Hobbit in a while (a month, to be exact 🙂 ) so I didn’t really remember the Arkenstone not being with him, (capital offense, I know) but n…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy @anyone-else Ok. I’m doing the writing thing.
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 8 months ago
@Ethryndal I’m real glad you’re on KP. You’re so fun (are you SURE you’re an INTJ? 😛 ), and I’m absolutely loving the LotR/Hobbit rants we keep having. I LOVE ranting with fellow fans (and nitpickers), especially when they’re having fun too. 😀
Not to mention you’re just…nice. I mean, about prayer requests and stuff… I love fun people who’re…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Ethryndal *lowers voice not at all* Of course I’ve seen the extended version. What kind of fan do you think I am?
That scene is sad, but not long enough in my oh so humble opinion. They didn’t even have the funeral; it just showed them there! I needed to see more mourning too—from a close up, personal stand point. But what really gets me is…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 4: Experiment in Living in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 8 months ago
@ethryndal The experiment in living and the answer to the focusing question should sound the same. They both answer the same question: How should one act in reference to the thematic matter? Basically, they’re just two different ways of looking at the same thing.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Homework for Video 4: Experiment in Living in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 8 months ago
- Load More

@Emma-Flournoy Awww, that’s so sweet. *wipes away tear* I wish you could see me over here, smiling like a loon. I’m so glad I found KP, and all you lovely people. My family moved two years ago, and during that time I haven’t found a single person that gets me. It’s so nice to finally be a part of a group of kids who are zany and LOTR geeks, and…[Read more]
Welp, I’m glad you found it too. You add lots of loveliness. 😀
*hugs back* That’s makes me happy. 🙂
And that—
“Oh, and I like to think I’m a unique INTJ…not as cold-hearted as most of my kind…”
—works. 😀 😀 😀 Excellent notion.
Random question: may ask your name? Or not, for safety reasons…but merely curious. 😉
Sarah Baran. *bows* At your service.
Ooh, what a Tokienesque last name. 🙂
How old are you?
Hmm, Tolkienesque? It’s been called many things, but never that. I like you. *firm nod* (It’s actually Polish, so now you can tell people you know someone with Polish roots 🙂 )
I’m 15, soon to be 16 in July. You’re sixteen, right? I think I saw that floating around here somewhere. 🙂
@Ethryndal Oh Polish, cool! Well, Tolkien got lots of his inspiration from the Nordic languages he loved. 😀
Flournoy is French, though that’s not the only blood we have.
Oh my, I thought for some reason you were older…take that as a compliment! 🙂 Yes, I’m sixteen, though I don’t know that that’s floated around here ’cause I only turned it…[Read more]
Heh, well, I might have been being creepy…I was going through and reading every one’s introduction in Start Here, and I think yours said you were 15, but that was back in May. So I figured that if you weren’t 16 yet, you would be sometime this year… 🙂 Anyway.
I thought you were older too, so the feeling’s mutual. 😀
Hey, that’s not creepy. Introductory posts are there for a reason. 😀
I figured it was something like that, but then I thought I hadn’t said my age in mine. Guess I was wrong. 😉
Aaand… what state do you live in?
@Ethryndal
@Emma-Flournoy Haha, sorry, didn’t see this.
I’m from Maryland. *tries to think of something dramatic to say and can’t* Yeah. Maryland. We have fried chicken. 🙂
@Ethryndal I figured. Hence the tag. 😉 No worries.
How lovely. I envision Maryland as being really lush and green, though maybe I’m confusing it with Maine. 😛
And hey, who needs drama if you can have fried chicken.
You’re actually not wrong. It IS lush and green. Lots of farms. Cows. Hills. Overall, a very underrated state. In my humble opinion. 😉
Aaaaaand what state do YOU live in?
Ohhhh how gorgeous!
Oops, I figured you knew already since you’d been reading the introductions…mebbe I didn’t say there. 😛
Ohio. With…caves! In the Hocking Hills, where we run a cabin business in the treeish hills. 🙂 And the main tourist attraction around is caves/overhangs with their waterfalls. Very pretty. *nods*
Ha, I’m so dumb. It says that right in your profile. XD
I didn’t know Ohio has caves! Maybe I should have… Now I want to see one. Especially with the waterfalls. *dreamy sigh* I somehow knew you had a cabin business though, so my snooping hasn’t been entirely useless. 🙂
Eh well, I guess someday you’ll just have to take a trip here. 😉
Hey, ya never know… 😛 😀