-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@GabrielleMassman I know. It’s so beautiful. Did you know that he wrote it for C.S. Lewis? The dedication is: To one who said that myths were lies and therefore worthless, even though “breathed through silver”. PHILOMYTHUS TO MISOMYTHUS
That ‘one’ was Lewis, at point soon after becoming a Christian (which happened with lots of influence from his…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@GabrielleMassman I know. It’s so beautiful. Did you know that he wrote it for C.S. Lewis? The dedication is: To one who said that myths were lies and therefore worthless, even though “breathed through silver”. PHILOMYTHUS TO MISOMYTHUS
That ‘one’ was Lewis, at point soon after becoming a Christian (which happened with lots of influence from his…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@emma-flournoy Here’s the original.
To be, or not to be: that is the question:
Whether ’tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune,
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing end them? To die: to sleep;
No more; and by a sleep to say we end
The heart-ache and the thousand natural shocks
That f…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy 😮
Of course I wouldn’t have known that since I haven’t read any of the actual plays…how much of this is Shakespearean original with replaced words?
@Daeus spoofs like that are hilarious. -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Overcomer Me too.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy it’s a passage from Hamlet with the key words replaced. 😉
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus I’m going to have to read that a few more times to make sure I caught it all, but that was awesome!
About halfway through I realized it didn’t rhyme, and it shocked me because it was flowing so perfectly I hadn’t even noticed. And you got the Shakespearean language down pat.
The part about ramen noodles so made me want to laugh, right in…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@DAEUS! *groans* You ruined it! *sobs* And Hamlet isn’t even my favorite either. *oceans of tears*
*goes to console herself by reading Henry V for the eighteenth time*(Hilarious, by the way. 😀 )
-
Daeus started the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum 9 years, 8 months ago
Hi guys,
For some reason, I just took it into my head to share with you all my weirdest piece of writing ever. Let’s hope I’m not crazy. Shakespear lovers, please forgive me. The fact is, even though I’m not a huge fan of Shakespear, I still think he’s pretty good, despite what this piece may suggest. Basically, I just took his ‘to be or not to…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Discussion for Video Seven: Negative Character Arc in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
Um… can I do plays??? XD Shakespeare’s Richard II coupled with Henry IV— don’t know if you’ve read them, but Henry IV is the continued story of Richard II. They’re directly linked.
Anyway.
The negative character arc for Henry Bolingbroke (later Henry IV) begins when he is charged with high treason and banished overseas by the inexperienced…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Traditional in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 8 months ago
@northerner Well, to start with, I haven’t made money doing it any way because I haven’t published, but there are a few clear facts. First of all, a lot of traditionally published authors don’t make money either. Second, with so much more of the profits you actually keep, it’s easier to make money self-publishing. Third, there are a lot of…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Overcomer Oh no, I’m so sorry! I will definitely keep you all in my prayers.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@jess yes, finally! Another perfectionist! *high fives you*
@gabriellemassman Ha! Procrastinator’s block, I don’t think that writer’s are the only one experiencing that. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hear Ye, Hear Ye!! *excited peasants step forth* 😛 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Ah, and strange vocabulary connection I just made for school.
The word Supercilious pretty much means arrogant. The root for it is Supercilium which means ‘eyebrow’. I guess even back when this root was made, arrogant people still raised their eyebrows. 😛 -
Snapper replied to the topic Hear Ye, Hear Ye!! *excited peasants step forth* 😛 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@sierra-r I can’t…when and who was it from?
Terpischorean… I’m going to have to use that some day. 😀
Here are some more.
Legerdemain: trickery
Imbroglio: a complicated situation (or, for less formal matters, brouhaha 😛 I love that word)
Pastiche: a work that imitates or is made of pieces of other works
And I found this one very…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@gabriellemassman Mmm… yeah. Boy, I love that. I’ve got some basic ideas, but I can’t wait to do an in-depth brainstorming session and let my imagination run wild.
The bestistest thing is just something I came up with once and ever since then it’s been a tradition to greet people that way.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@gabriellemassman
Hi! I’m Dragon Snapper! Nice to meet you! *shakes your hand very hard*
Ooh, I wrote some fantasy. And Tolkien is only ever awesome. (Note to Self: read poem)
You’ve been writing since you were 9! Woah…I only started about three years ago. Did you ever have writer’s block in that time?
Thanks for joining and I look forward…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@Gabriellemassman Last time I checked, there were about three INTJs on KP, so you make the fourth. And I like to think Ethryndal is elvish–it’s something I made up one day and became rather attached to. 😉
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Overcomer Definitely. I hope he’s okay.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@daeus I’m gonna head out now. I discovered the focusing questions and five answers for all 5 (I narrowed down a few 😛 ) as well as supported some of them with Bible verses. A lot of bible verses. Thanks!
- Load More
