-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Anyone and everyone else, I’m still going.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose Ah, editing.
I finished copying a rough draft of a scene list. Thanks! -
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@winter-rose I’ll join you!
@daeus @kate-flournoy @jess @aella @ethryndal @anyone else
Are any of you writing tonight as well? -
Ethryndal posted an update 9 years, 8 months ago
@Overcomer I hope you don’t find this weird, but I just wanted to share some verses with you that I always found comforting.
“For the Lord will not cast off forever. Though He causes grief, yet He will show compassion according to the multitude of His mercies. For He does not afflict willingly, nor grieve the children of men.” –Lamentations…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Discussion for Video Four: The Experiment in Living in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 8 months ago
I try to write a tiny part of myself into each of my characters, so I’m not dealing with someone I totally don’t understand. If that isn’t possible, I write someone I’m really close to into my character, and talk with them about how they respond to different issues and such.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Overcomer Sure thing.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 4: Experiment in Living in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 8 months ago
Looks good, @ethryndal
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Homework for Video 4: Experiment in Living in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 8 months ago
Okay @Aratrea @Daeus, here’s what I came up with.
1. You should only help people if they have something to offer
2. Because of God’s love, we ought to love everyone, even those who don’t deserve it
3. We ought to reach out to those in need because it will make us better people
4. We shouldn’t bother trying to change the world because people…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Traditional in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 8 months ago
@northerner Basically, yes, though the answer’s not quite so simple.
Let’s say when you initial launch your book, you selling a lot of paperbacks but not many ebooks. I’d first ask, what’s making you sell a lot of paperbacks? Well, you’re probably in bookstores or catalogs where people who buy paper books browse. That might be your only…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Love Triangles— what the Classical Authors knew that we don't. in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Sierra-R To be perfectly honest, I don’t really hate it as much as I sound. There’s just some very twisted part of my nature that appreciates bashing things. 😛 I’m working on it.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hear Ye, Hear Ye!! *excited peasants step forth* 😛 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Sierra-R And this is why most people don’t understand Shakespeare. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 3: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 8 months ago
@hope Ooohhh, ok. Success sounds like a good theme then.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 3: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 8 months ago
@hope Hmm. Toughy. Well, success sounds like it might work. Another one I thought of is power. Then maybe your focusing question could be, what gives one the power for success. Ethaniel goes from thinking he has to make himself succeed to knowing his only success is through God’s power. The villain’s belief is that he finds the power to succeed…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@northerner Ah, I guess I didn’t catch that. Well, I caught the part about heaven and earth and philosophies, but nothing else.
-
Daeus replied to the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@northerner Hmm. What’s that a parody of?
The subject matter is really horrendous (I’m a metaphor fanatic), but I’m interested to know if there was anything particularly witty about it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@northerner hm, yes. :/ Unfortunately the comedies have a lot of that. Quite honestly I stopped reading the comedies once I got a quarter of the way through The Merry Wives of Windsor. Not worth it. The Taming of the Shrew and Much Ado About Nothing were good. Otherwise, pretty much senseless.
-
Daeus replied to the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@northerner No. What’s it about?
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@Northerner *is consoled* His histories are definitely my favorites. Most of his other work I really don’t care for. A few exceptions— The Taming of the Shrew, Much Ado About Nothing, Hamlet, and Macbeth if only for the villain 😛 but the histories are most certainly wonderful. Probably doesn’t help that it’s my favorite period of history too.…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus XD I didn’t realize the whole thing was a direct spoof. That’s hilarious.
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic To Read Or Not To Read in the forum Poetry Critiques 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus XD I didn’t know the whole thing was such a direct spoof. That’s hilarious.
- Load More
