-
Daeus started the topic A Notice in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Greetings everyone,
Our friendly KeePer, @Anee-of-Lothlorien, wanted me to announce that she is taking a break from the forum for a while in order to concentrate on her studies and other tasks. Hopefully, she’ll be back, but the break is for an uncertain amount of time. Anway, make sure you say goodbye and wish her the best.
-
Daeus posted an update 9 years, 8 months ago
Hi @anne-of-lothlorien! I’m planning for the next panel discussion, and since you seemed to enjoy the one we did recently, I was wondering if you would be interested in giving a testimonial for the rest of KP to know what you thought of it. Is that something you’d be up for? It would just be a couple lines of text.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths I have nothing to add to anything that has just been said, other than keep it simple and sweet, but I hope you win!
-
Emma Flournoy posted an update 9 years, 8 months ago
@Aratrea I wanted to let you know, you’ve done an awesome job taking on the role of Editor in Chief. I’m technically not a writer, but I know and love tons of the writer stuff (highly due to being Kate’s sister 😉 ), and I love this site (it seriously is the bestistest place on the Internet). Especially all the talking/Christian…[Read more]
-
@aratrea I agree. 🙂
-
Thanks so much @emma-flournoy (and @sarah-h)! It’s great to have an awesome team to work with and an awesome audience to be helping out. 😉 Glad to hear you’ve enjoyed the site even though you don’t do much writing!
-
-
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@PerfectFifths Looks like you’re in good hands. 😀
To your last question though—that sounds like it’d work, as long as you don’t make it too long to begin with and then don’t want to cut so much.I hope you win. 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@GabrielleMassman I haven’t read that. *despairing expression* So many good books to read and not enough time! But I’ll remember it. 🙂
I haven’t seen the musical, or any of the movies (yet, at least). But I’ll take your word for it. 😉
And I love that moment too. Combeferre is so sweet, and that was so sad. -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Prayer Requests in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Overcomer @ClaireC I’ll sure be praying for both of you. I know how hard it is to play an instrument in front of lots of people.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Not particularly. Most all of them are good.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths Yep. She’s pretty sweet. A lot of people around here read her regularly.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@PerfectFifths um… well… what they said. 😛 Thanks guys.
I’ll come back if I think of anything else. 😉 -
Daeus replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths. I know. It’s pretty sweet.
-
Ethryndal and
Anne of Lothlorien are now friends 9 years, 8 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@perfectfifths What I would recommend is don’t think of this as if you need to plan a plot. Plot carries the connotation of something big. Just write one scene (i.e. a firefighter rescues a girl from a burning house.) It’s really not that hard to keep one scene short.
The thing then is making the scene meaningful. You can think of this scene as…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
I shall return. Never fear. *disappears in a poof of smoke*
-
Snapper replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
-
Snapper replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
Um…Well, I can honestly say that I don’t know too much about writing short stories, especially not 1,500 word short ones. Yeah, that definitely is crazy. Probably why there is a reward in the first place. 😛 I had to write a short story once that was only 1000 words, and I managed to keep it down to 900. I really just wrote down whatever came…[Read more]
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@northerner @ethryndal I think I’m going to be done now. I wrote 167 words. /Not the best, but better than nothing, I suppose. Thanks!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Traditional in the forum Publishing & Platform 9 years, 8 months ago
@northerner Ah, I suspected that was your reason. Ok, well first, I don’t think your genre will change a whole lot. I’m suspect you’re right that there are fewer e-readers there, but there’s still a significant amount. However, that doesn’t affect the issue of hypocrisy much. Well, here’s the question. Why are you against e-readers? If it’s a…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Dragon-Snapper @Northerner It’s a threesome now.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writers' Corner #3 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@northerner Great!
- Load More

I would be interested, but could you explain a little more? If I wrote out some lines about what I thought of it, where would I put them? What would it appear on; where would it come up for other KeePers to see?
On a slightly different subject, I haven’t been on here in months, since I’m trying to cut back on the things I do on the internet that…[Read more]
Sure thing. I can let people know. Hope your school and research go well.
As for the testimonial, we’d be using it in the email announcement for when we do our next one. If you simply posted it here, that would be fine.
Is it okay if it’s longer than a few sentences? It’s more like… eight. I already wrote it out.
You know actually? Eight’s probably perfect.
Okay, here it is.
– when I heard about the panel discussion at KP, I realized that I’d never asked other people’s advice about writing before, and that was a mistake. I had many questions about the more complex, technical side of writing, but I’d never asked other, more experienced writers about it. So I took part in the KP’s first panel, and…[Read more]
Oh, capitalize that beginning ‘w’ please?
@anne-of-lothlorien Thanks so much! I’m really glad the panel discussion was so helpful to you!