-
Daeus replied to the topic Sorcerer guy in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper Yeah, I don’t really either. In this case, the guy isn’t a very major character and I who would normally avoid this stuff don’t think he’s too creepy, so I’m feeling pretty good about it, but there will doubtless be some people who won’t like it.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl Oh, yeah. I’m ENFJ, a protagonist, but I don’t really know anything more than that. 😛 I’m with @daeus , but they didn’t say anything about my wings. That, or they did and I didn’t even read it. 😛
Ooh, drawing! I like to draw too. Do you sketch, or do you do other things, like paints, or colored pencil? I prefer sketching, but I’m…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Sorcerer guy in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Well, at first I didn’t say anything because I thought that this was fantasy, but since it’s historical fiction, I’m having second thoughts.
Personally, I don’t prefer mysticism in stories, regardless of whether it is of a badguy or not. What @winter-rose said is true, that there are spiritual powers in the world, but I don’t necessarily…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl (Better late then never.) Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet!
I’m about 30% of the way through Sherlock Holmes. I pretty much just read him on car trips, so it’s sporadic, but I get a lot done at once. I don’t know which is my favorite honestly.
Hey, keep on with your story world. It sounds neat.
I’m an ENFJ. On…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 3: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@anna-brie Looks like you’ve got a nice mix of answers to your focusing questions.
If you’re having trouble finding the theme of one of your stories, do you mind posting the focusing questions you have? Maybe we could help you find that theme.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Sorcerer guy in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus *chokes* True. True.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Graciegirl HEYYYYY! SOMEONE ELSE OBSESSED WITH MBTI! (On a scale of one to ten, how obsessed would you rate yourself? Unfortunately I think I’m a twelve. XD) And a fellow INFP to boot! And someone else who has spent three years building one fantasy world! And someone else who loves both Tolkien and Elizabeth Gaskell! (Have you read North &…[Read more]
-
Daeus replied to the topic Sorcerer guy in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy What? You’re not always right. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl Rats. They beat me to it. Ah, well.
Ahem. Welcome to the bestiestiestiestistest place ever!
I have just one question for you. Did you say John Flanagan. (that’s dangerous. Lots of people here like his books…including someone who’s name rhymes with Dragon Clapper) -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Perfectfiths So when is it being judged/winners announced/whatever that thing is called? 😉 Keep us posted–I want to know if you win. 😀
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
Hey, Gracie! So glad you could find this little haven of fellow lunatics! Sounds like you’ll fit right in here. (I mean that as a compliment 🙂 )
So what do you like to draw/paint? Water color or acrylic or something I’ve never heard of? And good thing you’re a Tolkien fan. We can get pretty engrossed sometimes. Just don’t bring up the subject of…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
Hey, Gracie! So glad you could find this little haven of fellow lunatics! Sounds like you’ll fit right in here. (I mean that as a compliment 🙂 )
So what do you like to draw/paint? Water color or acrylic or something I’ve never heard of? And good thing you’re a Tolkien fan. We can get pretty engrossed sometimes. Just don’t bring up the subject of…[Read more]
-
Gracie started the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
‘Lo, to the members of my new KP family!
Gracie here, reporting in from my humble abode in the Hidden Meadow of Indiana! May I just start off with saying that I am sooooo excited to be here!!! I found a secret entrance to this magical kingdom in the realm of Instagram, and I was astonished to find a place where fellow crazies-I mean,…[Read more]
-
Gracie started the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
‘Lo, to the members of my new KP family!
Gracie here, reporting in from my humble abode in the Hidden Meadow of Indiana! May I just start off with saying that I am sooooo excited to be here!!! I found a secret entrance to this magical kingdom in the realm of Instagram, and I was astonished to find a place where fellow crazies-I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Sorcerer guy in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
-
Daeus replied to the topic Sorcerer guy in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@kate-flournoy Yeah, I guess he could have just guessed. He did say there was a curse though. I don’t really know myself. Anyway, I was thinking the same as you, I just wanted to get some second opinions on it.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Sorcerer guy in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@Daeus ooohhhh, this guy. Quite honestly he really didn’t bother me. He didn’t seem out of place in the historical fiction, which I think he would have if it had been a sorcerer in the common definition of the word. I just saw him as this really creepy guy who knows (or half guesses) things that are gonna happen (and really, did it take a genius…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Awkward Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 8 months ago
@GabrielleMassman Thanks. 🙂
Do you mean the 2012 movie of the musical, with Russell Crowe as Javert (ugh)? I don’t know who Wolverine is; though I think somebody named Hugh Jackman did Jean Valjean in the 2012 one, so maybe it’s not the same one. I just thought the 2012 one is the only movie made of the musical.
I haven’t seen it. But I know the…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Sorcerer guy in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
@gabriellemassman Yeah, I’d basically agree with you. I wouldn’t personally write it because I’m pretty sensitive to it, but I think it’s doable.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 8 months ago
P.S. If you don’t want your muses, I’ll eat them. 🙂
- Load More
