-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus it’s an MBTI thing. Eh dear… how to explain it. I’m still working on it myself, but as far as I’ve been able to tell so far it’s the functions resulting from the combination of the other functions— the four dominant functions reacting against each other together create shadow functions. I’ll get back to you when I understand it better. 😛
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy What are the shadow functions? Does that have anything to do with type 2?
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy I wish you luck, oh brave and noble one!
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Kate-Flourney I wish you luck, oh brave and noble one!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose @daeus @kate-flournoy @ethryndal @aella I’m writing for the usual amount of time, for anyone who wants to join.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Graciegirl *flings cape out with a dramatic swoosh* Never say never. I’m determined to master them if it’s the last thing I do. 😀
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Oh, yeah. The shadow functions.*shudders* I gave up on trying to understand those two seconds after learning they existed. 😛 They are super tricky.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Graciegirl I’m still working on the shadow functions, but I definitely agree. MBTI is amazingly thorough.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Cool! I agree, MBTI is undoubtedly the best out there. The practicality of the cognitive functions it is built on appeals to my Inferior Te. It’s refreshingly sensible whereas the enneagram can seem a little indefinite at times.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Cool! I agree, MBTI is undoubtedly the best out there. The practicality of the cognitive functions it is built on appeals to my Inferior Te. It refreshingly sensible whereas the enneagram can seem a little indefinite at times.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
By the way, I took the Enneagram test and am indeed Type 4, the Individualist.
Oh, and it also said my mental health was ‘above average’ which was frankly a bit of a surprise and a relief all at once. :’D
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
By the way, I took the Enneagram test and am indeed Type 4, the Individualist.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus yes it does. It explains the very core of you if you study it correctly, and the combinations of your different functions explain how you act when you’re stressed and why. It’s just something you have to deduce by yourself. 😉
Which, personally, I think is a plus… XD -
Daeus replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
I do believe MBTI explains how you act when stressed as well.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Aratrea well, I maintain the superior coolness of MBTI (it’s not a system, it’s a concept) *haughty sniff* but I have to admit that is pretty cool. 😉
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@aratrea Aha! So that’s what the arrows are for! That was the one thing I could never get my head around.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Aratrea COOL!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 3: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@anna-brie Authority sounds good.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 3: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@anna-brie I’m guessing that your two themes are government and mercy.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy I’m afraid I don’t know very much about theory behind the enneagram, I’m just familiar with the common attributes of the different types. That description I gave for the 3w4 is a list of specific 4 traits that a 3 might also have in addition to their own. If you really relate to that particular list, I would hypothesize that your…[Read more]
- Load More
