-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Homework for Video 9: Theme & Story Structure in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus eeeep! Sorry! I didn’t tag you so it isn’t my fault! 😛
Okay though, great points. Yes. You’re right. Maybe because my grasp on that is too shallow… *groans**bangs head against the wall* HAROLD HAD BETTER APPRECIATE THE MENTAL AGONY I’M GOING THROUGH FOR HIS SAKE.
Okay. *settles down* I must definitely do brainstorming on that. Oh…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 9: Theme & Story Structure in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy Ack! Can’t look at climax! *turns away*
Ok, so, for everything else, what I noticed is that it includes a lot about the plot, but the parts about how that external journey affected his inner journey were too vague. I think the main thing is you didn’t state Harold’s EIL. I assume Harold does have at least one positive arc. If so,…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Homework for Video 9: Theme & Story Structure in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
Character’s story goal is to find his place in the world. It’s a coming-of-age. Yep, a disillusionment arc coming-of-age. 😛 I didn’t do it on purpose so don’t ask me how it happened. lol
Anyway. His more tangible goal is to find the one man who was kind to him after something particularly tragic happened in his past, and he believes that wherever…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Homework for Video 9: Theme & Story Structure in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
Character’s story goal is to find his place in the world. It’s a coming-of-age. Yep, a disillusionment arc coming-of-age. 😛 I didn’t do it on purpose so don’t ask me how it happened. lol
Anyway. His more tangible goal is to find the one man who was kind to him after something particularly tragic happened in his past, and he believes that wherever…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Happy trails. I got interrupted with a long and heated debate about character arcs with my sister, so I’ll be going a while yet.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@ethryndal I’m going to take a break now. I may be back, but I have to decide what I’m going to do next.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@ethryndal Cool. Here we go.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus I’m here.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@dragon-snapper 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Hey, y’all. I’ll be writing for a bit if anyone wants to join.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Ethryndal *gives you moral support and commiseration* I had to rewrite my entire WIP as well. It seemed impossible at the start, but now I’m almost done and though it still makes me want to tear my hair out sometimes it’s really not so bad. It gets better, dear. It does. We promises. 😉
-
Snapper replied to the topic The Mind of a Writer in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@ethryndal *doesn’t laugh* There, there. It’ll be alright. We writers make sacrificeses for the world, doesn’t we, precious?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@emma-flournoy @graciegirl Let me say that again… Um…yeah. 😛 😀
-
Daeus replied to the topic Homework for Video 5: Character Arc in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@hope It seems that you have two character arcs in your story. One, a positive arc on trust. Two, a disillusionment about the sureness of temporal victory. There might be a third one around responsibility (her growing to consider herself responsible for more than just those she loves), but I doubt it because she doesn’t seem to change in that…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@GracieGirl 😮 !
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
‘Kay, Grace, that’s not how you spell weird.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy Oh, yeah. You think he’s wierd now? I’ve only scratched the surface….. 😛
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@GracieGirl That funny, eh? Well he does sound really odd!!
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
Not at the little confusion there, but your reactions to PB.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hi-ya!!! *waves manically* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy @dragon-snapper I am laughing SO hard right now.
- Load More
