-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@GracieGirl no idea who Siri is, but thanks for the prompts. 😀
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
I’ll be writing for half an hour if anyone wants to join up.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Once a day you get a text from an unknown number. All it contains is a picture, a picture of you. One of you heading into the supermarket, one of you driving away from your friends, and then one day…….
Dialogue prompt: “‘Siri, define scintillating.’
‘Scintillating means: sparkling or shining brightly….If you ever want to see…[Read more] -
Gracie replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Once a day you get a text from an unknown number. All it contains is a picture, a picture of you. One of you heading into the supermarket, one of you driving away from your friends, and then one day…….
Dialogue prompt: ‘Siri, define scintillating.’
‘Scintillating means: sparkling or shining brightly….If you ever want to see…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith Crime and Punishment is better. *runs off before Josiah can retaliate*
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith Greetings! Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! I’ve only been here a short while myself, but I promise this place does not dissapoint! 😀 I love the Chronicles of Narnia as well,(you’d be crazy not to, right? 😛 ) but I’ve never read the Count of Monte Cristo. : / I’ll have to look into it. Cool thing with the character cameos! That’s…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith Greetings! Welcome to the Kingdom of Pen! I’ve only been here a short while myself, but I promise this place does not dissapoint! 😀 I love the Chronicles of Narnia as well,(you’d be crazy not to, right? 😛 ) but I’ve never read the Count of Monte Cristo. :/ I’ll have to look into it. Cool thing with the character cameos! That’s one…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic ARCHIVED – Homework for Video 10: Theme & Scene Structure in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@Aratrea I have a question… you said not to use ‘main thematic scenes’ for the homework. How broadly are you defining that? Cuz I just combed through my story looking for a thematically ‘un-main’ scene and I can’t really find one. I mean, there are some more important than others, but they all have the theme in them some way or other, even if…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@R-J-Wordsmith first off, I love your tag. And yes! The Screwtape Letters are awesome. As are TCoMC, and Narnia, and homeschooling, and tons of siblings, and more stories than you know what to do with… *grins* Welcome to KP. *hands you superhero cloak* You may need this around here; we’re a bit prone to saving the world. 😉
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Ethryndal ooh, I like it. Thanks. 🙂
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Hope niiiice. And technically your prompt can have anything at all in it so long as it includes the topic… so a magical cell phone that can turn into a sword isn’t too far fetched, if you wanna go that route. 😀
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus Thank you for giving meaning to my writers’ block. XD May happiness and prosperity follow you all the rest of your life.
@Kate-Flournoy
You find a cell phone in the dumpster that lets you communicate with the people you call through thoughts, not words. -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
Welcome, @R-J-Wordsmith, fellow Narnian and homeschooler! I too love classics, though I am afraid to say I’ve never read CoMC (sorry, @Daeus 😀 ) Who’s your favorite Narnia character?
Oh, and that’s so neat, your character cameos. I love when authors do that. 🙂
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic ARCHIVED – Discussion for Video Six: Positive Character Arc in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 7 months ago
@aratrea I’m going to have to follow the trend here, because like everyone else, my answer is the same as the last one: Pain. In the same way that it has deepened me and pushed me closer to God, I feel like I use it a LOT to deepen my characters and help them grow.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
Hi, @r-j-wordsmith! Welcome to the bestistest place on the internet. And it just got even better because we got a new CoMC fanatic with us. (That is my all time favorite novel 😉 )
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Homework for Videos 6-8: Developing Character Arcs in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@aratrea Exactly. Sorry, I should have made that more clear.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus I’m totally going to do something like that. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus yes. *chokes again* I see.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@kate-flournoy But you see, now every time someone gets writer’s block, it will remind them to just look at things from a different angle.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus *chokes* Well that escalated quickly. :’D
- Load More
