-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Rachelle's "Hello" in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@Rachelle Fourteen book series! 😮
Nah… Les Mis probably isn’t that long. It might seem longer ’cause it’s all in one chunk; but it’s only got 1460 pages. 😛@Ethryndal Ahem, read above line and be grateful. XD The Silmarillion’s only what, in the 300s at most?
I know though, the preface—his letter to his publisher Milton Someone-Or-Other I…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
You guys. Are. Amazing. Thank you so much!!!
@Daeus that is absolutely terrifying; I’m going to have to sleep with my stuffed leopard tonight to stave off nightmares. :’DMkay now, how about… candy?
You wake up in the middle of the night on Christmas Eve to unfamiliar footsteps creaking downstairs. Stumbling out of your room, you stagger down…[Read more] -
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Sam I am: Doom, Glitter, and Iphones in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 7 months ago
Wow, this is amazing Gabrielle. Hilarious. You did an excellent job with Sam’s voice. They pretty much already covered what needs covering. Thumbs up on characterization. I want the rest of this. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
You’re doing some writing one day when you hear a knock on your door. You open it up to find your arch villain staring you in the face. He looks at you for a whole minute with a cold expression, then says in a dry, somewhat harsh tone, “Why don’t you start the kettle. We’re going to need to have a long talk.”
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Discussion for Video Seven: Negative Character Arc in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Daeus Oh, no I haven’t. I’ll keep my eyes peeled. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Discussion for Video Seven: Negative Character Arc in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 7 months ago
@ethryndal The Elves in the Silmarillion. Have you gotten there yet?
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Discussion for Video Seven: Negative Character Arc in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 7 months ago
Merp…I just can’t think of anything I’ve read pr watched that has a negative arc…hmm.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Critique, anyone? in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith I would like to add that even before knowing what condemned meant, I kind of liked it. It felt ominous, especially not knowing what it meant, which I think is what you were trying to get across, so I wouldn’t stress too much over it. 🙂 Also, after rereading, I noticed this bit at the end:
Oh well, perhaps a letter will arrive…
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Rachelle's Digital Art in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@Rachelle Oh look at that, you found the art topic. 🙂
Okay. So I would have to agree with @Sarah-H about the tone of the picture. It feels pretty dark, and while I’m not totally against dark pictures (we have to draw our villains sometimes, right? 😉 ), I don’t think the darkness should be a focusing point. I don’t know the character here or…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Rachelle's Digital Art in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@Rachelle Oh look at that, you found the art topic. 🙂
Okay. So I would have to agree with @Sarah-H about the tone of the picture. It feels pretty dark, and while I’m not totally against dark pictures (we have to draw our villains sometimes, right? 😉 ), I don’t think the darkness should be a focusing point. I don’t know the character here or…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Rachelle's Digital Art in the forum Art 9 years, 7 months ago
@Rachelle Oh look at that, you found the art topic. 🙂 Okay. So I would have to agree with @Sarah-H about the tone of the picture. It feels pretty dark, and while I’m not totally against dark pictures (we have to draw our villains sometimes, right? 😉 ), I don’t think the darkness should be a focusing point. I don’t know the character here or what…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Rachelle's "Hello" in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@rachelle There is an art topic floating around somewhere, but I haven’t posted any of my stuff on it yet. I’m thinking about doing that soon though. 🙂
@emma-flournoy Oh, I’m doing just FINE, honey. *mentally screams and tears out hair* Ahem. The actual book isn’t that bad (it’s nice to finally know who Elbereth is) but the PREFACE. I had to…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Theme Mastery Q&A in the forum Theme Mastery 9 years, 7 months ago
@aratrea Great!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Sam I am: Doom, Glitter, and Iphones in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose
First off, may I just say that I found this story very amusing!
For one, I agree with @ingridrd that the scene with his mom should be moved to another place. Perhaps after Sam’s tale and he comes home, the mom says “Start from the beginning”, and that would be the ending. -
Snapper replied to the topic Hello in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith Really? Wow, I didn’t know that! I wonder if he was thinking like Lewis when he came up with the idea of a time-travel book to be like Narnia (of course, Tolkien never intended it to be allegorical) I like the Hobbit better too, but that’s probably because it is my favorite book. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Theme Mastery Q&A in the forum Theme Mastery 9 years, 7 months ago
@Aratrea okey dokey. I will not be able to make it. Guys, *wags finger sternly* You be sure and ask him plenty of questions ‘kay?
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@Kate-Flournoy Yeah, rather unnerving, I’m sure. 😛
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
*chokes* Well that was unexpected. @Emma-Flournoy
And I love that @R-J-Wordsmith. 😀
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Calling all KeePers— the Realm of Pen needs you! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Potato in hand, she was about to cut it when its eyes blinked.
-
Daeus replied to the topic ARCHIVED – Homework for Video 10: Theme & Scene Structure in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@audrey-caylin Well, it’s fine to end a scene with a disaster. In that case you’re basically just dividing one scene (with an action and reaction sequence) into two scenes, one with the action sequence and the other with the reaction sequence.
I guess I should have phrased myself a little differently. A scene is a section in your story where…[Read more]
- Load More
