-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith Great! I was able to get a bout of page of notes done. My thoughts are on paper, so I’m happy. 😀
Anyone else, I’m still going, and I should be for a while.
@daeus @kate-flournoy @graciegirl @winter-rose @overcomer @ethryndal -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
I’m planning out theme and ascertaining how it ties into the plot.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith Coolio, I’m working on planning.
-
Snapper replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl Hahaha! That is too funny! I remember Marisi now. That one was good. 🙂 Too avoid too much confusion, I usually spell their names how they sound, unless of course, that looks terrible (too often). The problem is that I usually envision my books as movies.
-
Snapper replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegril Hahaha! That is too funny! I remember Marisi now. That one was good. 🙂 Too avoid too much confusion, I usually spell their names how they sound, unless of course, that looks terrible (too often). The problem is that I usually envision my books as movies.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-wordsmith Are you still there?
@daeus -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@r-j-Anderson Are you still there?
@daeus -
Snapper replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 7 months ago
@jenali For girls’ names, I usually like the letter’s A and J, though it varies. A lot. 😛
-
Snapper replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl Ha! At first I misread it as Arsizi, and then I thought that was very close to Parcheesi. 😛 I pronounce it as Ar-ee-zi, and it does seem like a girl’s name to me. If not a girl, then probably some thief that should be in Ranger’s Apprentice. … In other words, I like it.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Homework for Video 3: Discovering & Deepening Theme in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@aratrea Yes, it’s for a positive character arc for this one character. There is a second book as well, so I have to keep that in mind…by that I mean he uses it negatively in the first book and positively in the second.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Homework for Video 4: Experiment in Living in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 7 months ago
@aratrea Yay! As I go, I am tying everything together with the plot, so that the theme and pride within this particular character is running along with everything else. I am so excited with all this! Thank you!
-
Gracie replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@daeus Will do. Thanks!
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@graciegirl Most of us are in EST, but we are spread across the globe. Just include your time zone in your post, and you should be fine.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@gracie-girl Most of us are in EST, but we are spread across the globe. Just include your time zone in your post, and you should be fine.
-
Gracie replied to the topic How naming affects characterization in the forum Characters 9 years, 7 months ago
@jenali Thank you so much for your input! Ariszi is actually a boy’s name but I’ve often thought it sounded a bit girly myself. 🙂 As for the pronounciation you were very close. I always figured it like ‘Uh-riz-ee’. Thanks again! This has been most helpful 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose Poor alpha reader. Alright. See you around.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose Here. Have some lemonade. *hands you barrel*
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose Hmm. Hopefully bittersweet, not just bitter?
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
@winter-rose Yep.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 7 months ago
Oh, hey everybody. I’m beta reading now.
- Load More
