-
Daeus replied to the topic The Antihero in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@emma-flournoy An antihero does not need a hero complement.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
‘Nother character…
Erika Paige, female, nineteen. Tall, a little bony, dark-ish skin and a light dusting of freckles, with grey-green eyes and a veritable mop of brilliant red hair. She’s a mechanic… her story is steampunk, so she makes steam-powered robots and drones and such… and she also dresses like a Victorian era lady, mostly in dark…[Read more]
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic *thinks of some uncliche way to say hi* in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@Jane-Maree No, I haven’t read the Ashtown Burials, but they’re on my very long reading list. I haven’t even finished Chestnut King yet, so no spoilers. 🙂
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@winter-rose Well, I got done with that unexpectedly fast. Hope your writing goes well.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@winter-rose Well, I’m beta reading, so that works. I’ll probably be at it till eleven.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Ellen [Short Story] in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
*spends several moments choking and gulping and wiping her eyes*
Ouch.
This is superb. Just… everything. You had some typos, especially a lot in the first part, (and one grammar problem— ‘lays’ instead of ‘lay’ or ‘lies’) but everything else was amazing. I was also struck with how well you characterized Ellen— the quiet, sweet characters can…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hi people! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@graciegirl They’re very high-grade cardboard swords, actually. I’m quite proud of them. 😛
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hi people! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@Jason Oh, goodness, I’m neglecting my reputation!
I like poetry. I do. All of it. Especially the long, three page stuff that’s entirely in Elvish and no one understands. 😀
*cough cough* Ahem. Hey, so you’re an introverted extrovert! Or an extroverted introvert! Or whichever order that goes! (please, MBTI fanatics, I need you) And we have…[Read more]
-
Gracie replied to the topic Stereotype/Archetype Suggestions for KP Cinema? in the forum Film 9 years, 6 months ago
And now that I think about it, Thor kinda falls into this too. Man, Marvel has a problem with that apparently….
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Homework for Video 12: Foil Characters in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 6 months ago
@Aratrea I thought so too. 😉
-
Daeus replied to the topic Ellen [Short Story] in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
@Abigail-Blomberg This is truly excellent. Pretty much everything I ever point out to people when I’m editing you did right. There were like two little things I thought maybe you could improve that I’ve now forgotten, but they weren’t a big deal.
-
Gracie replied to the topic Stereotype/Archetype Suggestions for KP Cinema? in the forum Film 9 years, 6 months ago
@aratrea This might be a little too late, but I just though of one. The arrogant, rich city boy that is stuck by catastrophe and learns humility or something like that. Like Tony Stark, Steven Strange, Lightening McQueen, etc.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@perfectfifths Oh, it would take me a day normally, but I’ve got some other beta reading to do, so it might take a bit longer. I should have it done within a week though.
-
Daeus replied to the topic Tips for Writing Short Stories in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@perfectfifths Btw, when’s the deadline? I want to make sure I get it back to you in time.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hello There in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@widdrim My favorite era…probably the originals, with Luke and Leia, though I did enjoy the Force Awakens thoroughly. I asked if you liked Star Wars because every time I read “Hello There”, I see Obi-Wan Kenobi, dropping from the ceiling and into the midst of a gazillion clankers. Then there’s General Greivous, “General Kenobi.” 😛
@graciegirl…[Read more] -
Daeus replied to the topic Hello Everyone!! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@delightinlife WIP stands for ‘work in progress.’
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago

-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
Wait… where’d it go? Hm…
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Character Art Exchange in the forum Art 9 years, 6 months ago
YIKES! IT’S HUGE! 😛
- Load More
