-
Ethryndal posted an update 9 years, 6 months ago
Hey, @GracieGirl! I just wanted to let you know that for some reason, your tags don’t always show up in my notifications. Some of them do, but not all. Like this last time you tagged me, it didn’t show up, and I only saw it because I was poking around that topic at the time. To make things weirder, it only happens to your tags, no one elses’. I’m…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Homework for Video 14: Theme & Villain in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus thanks. Don’t mind if I do. 😀
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Homework for Video 14: Theme & Villain in the forum Writing Assignments 9 years, 6 months ago
@Aratrea hmm… yesssss… probbbably the Primary Tempter? I mean… yeah, that makes sense. Okay. Yes. Primary Tempter. There may be some slight overlap between that and both of the other two, but that’s the main one.
It makes me very happy to hear you like it… I actually can’t take credit though because his connection to Harold’s EiL was…[Read more] -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Hey, Y'all! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
I just want to let all you MBTI people know that you have infected me. The other day I was talking to my mom about characters and so forth, and started spouting a whole bunch of random facts about personality types. I received just a few odd looks… XD
-
Kina Lamb and
Mallory O'Bier are now friends 9 years, 6 months ago -
Daeus replied to the topic Discussion for Video Thirteen: Theme & Antagonists in the forum Discussion Questions 9 years, 6 months ago
I’m afraid I got tired of The Robe after I got 3/4 through. 🙁
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@jane-maree Well, I had to take a ten minute break, but I sill managed to get 278, so that was pretty good. Thanks for joining me.
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@kina-lamb *high-fives you back* Haha! I think its so funny when people say ‘That’s nice’ because ‘nice’ used to mean ignorant or used in a negative use, like when Pippin says in the Lord of the Rings on Weathertop when Frodo stomps out the fire “That’s nice!” (way too many prepositions, I know) The way the uses of words changes is so…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@Kina-Lamb Oh of course, the Bible’s definitely my favorite too.
I’ve never heard of that other book. What’s it about?
Some of my top favorite books are Les Miserables, The Lord of the Rings, and Uncharted which is Kate’s current book. (It’s not published literature but who cares? Not I.) (Btw that’s awesome you love Victorious. You’ll love…[Read more] -
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *holds breath and hopes for the best* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Kina-Lamb well you know more about Family Camp than I do at least. 🙂
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic *holds breath and hopes for the best* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@emma-flournoy @adry_grace Am I the know-it-all now? I honestly don’t know, but I do know that you can get on the waiting list, and usually a couple of families can’t make it because of illness/traveling issues, so you’d most likely be able to go. You’d have to be all packed and ready and waiting for the phone call, though!
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus wish I could, but I’ve got something else tonight. Happy word-counting. 🙂
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *holds breath and hopes for the best* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
Oh yep, Elizabeth follows their blog pretty closely. Though @Adry_Grace, I’m fairly certain you’d have to get signed up very soon (if not weeks ago!) if you want to catch it before all the spaces are filled up… is that right @Kina-Lamb?
-
Kina Lamb and
Louise Fowler are now friends 9 years, 6 months ago-
@kina-lamb Well, nice to meet you, Kina. I wondered if you were Daeus’ sister, then I read your forum post 😉 Welcome to Kingdom Pen! 😀
-
Thanks @perfectfifths!
-
What kind of things do you like to write, @kina-lamb?
-
I’m currently working on a children’s book. It’s really fun. What types of things are you writing?
-
Oooh, what is your children’s book about? 😀
I have like 4 and half projects, including editing stuff that I’m working on. All of them could fall into the fantasy category, with differing degrees, because some include magic, but most of them are just set in a fictional places 😉
-
hm… that’s what I’m still trying to decide. See, I haven’t started writing it, but I’ve been diligently writing drafts – that’s one of the reasons I joined Kingdom Pen, I needed some inspiration. 🙂
That’s great, @perfectfifths! I’m so glad you like editing – it’s one of my hobbies. 🙂
-
Well, here is where you’ll find it, if anywhere 😉
Haha! Yeah, I “like” editing! *strangles manuscript* But seriously, I actually don’t, and I’ve been putting of editing this particular project, which actually also needs some rewriting *rolls eyes* but it’s actually one of the first projects I’ve finished in a looooooong time, so I really don’t…[Read more]
-
-
-
-
-
@perfectfifths *laughs out loud.* Yes, I know what you mean, actually. I guess I hadn’t thought about editing my own stories. I don’t like to do that nearly as much as I like to edit other people’s stories. I love editing other people’s stories, but I don’t get the same kind of thrill and enthusiasm when I’m editing mine. 😀 Ha ha!
-
@kina-lamb Yeah, when I read my friends’ stories, I’m very happy to point out all the niggly little grammar things and suggest ways to make it read a bit better (sometimes I feel I’m too picky!) And I think it’s because, with your own story, you’ve read it over and over and over so many times, it gets dull. But, in my case, at least, when I’m…[Read more]
-
-
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic *holds breath and hopes for the best* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@emma-flournoy @adry_grace I just remembered, you might also be able to find some information on this website as we get closer to September. This is the website of one of the families that runs the camp. Sometimes they have an “event” page, and there’s some information on there. http://www.bontragerfamilysingers.com
-
Daeus replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy @dragon-snapper Well, I’m really late, but if you’re out there, I’ll still be going till nine.
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper Hey, at least that means you’ve been making progress! *high-five.* It’s been five years since I wrote my first story, and yes, just ouch. : ) I don’t think I would still be writing, though, if it wasn’t for the two girls that first read my story. At that time, I was enthusiastic about it. They simply read it, smiled, and said it…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic *holds breath and hopes for the best* in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Kina-Lamb Can’t wait.
@Adry_Grace Yeah, listen to Kina, she knows more about it than I do. 😛 I’m pretty sure my sister Elizabeth got most of the details from that website.
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@jane-maree yay! Somebody else has a secret agent in their story!!! Yipee!!! I was kind of skeptical about my agent, because the only stories I’ve ever read with a secret agent in them were kind of cheesy with so many stock characters, and I didn’t want that to happen to my story. It’s encouraging to know that it can be done. Thanks!
-
Snapper replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
@kina-lamb
Fiction! Yes, for fiction! Nonfiction is alright, I suppose, but I’d still prefer fiction. So much more exciting, and there are no rules. Hehee. 😛
I’ve only been writing for about three years, but when I look back at the second short story that kicked it off, I shudder. Just…ouch.
I haven’t heard of those, actually. I’ll have to…[Read more] - Load More
