-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Hi guys! in the forum Start HERE 9 years, 6 months ago
Hi @clairec! Yeah, I guess we are the only ones that know anything! 😉 Because of my age I’m supposed to be in 7th or 8th grade, but we get graded for each subject, and so my grades are all over the place since each subject has its own grade. Does that make sense? 😀
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper unfortunately no, I had to go to bed before I got him out of the tree but I have big plans for that fellow. 811 words is great! *gives you a high-five.*
-
Kina Lamb and
ClaireC are now friends 9 years, 6 months ago -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@kina-lamb Alright, time for me to sign off. I wrote 811 words. Hope you got past your person stuck in a tree. 😛
-
Gracie replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Emma-flournoy You haven’t seen the prequels?!?!?! 😮 *shrugs* Cool. 😉 I often wonder what my opinion of Star Wars would be if I hadn’t seen them. They have their good moments, but since I got into story structure and character development I’ve realized that they’re not terrific. Compared to RO they look like child’s play. Anakin is SUPER…[Read more]
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper great ideas! Made me thinking, thanks. 😀
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@daeus Ho boy, that’ll be interesting. 😛
@emma-flournoy *smeagol voice* Yeesss. Moooree. I’m going to love writing this.
@jane-maree Hahaha!
@aysia-serene I like anything. 😛
@ethryndal Hehehe! Rogue spaceships vs. People watching a doorway. For some reason I can imagine a cat watching a doorway too.
@winter-rose Thanks! I can’t wait to…[Read more] -
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@kina-lamb Fantastical? Who knows? 😛
Okay, maybe an unusually large cat attacks him. He is mobbed by owls. Captured by thieves. Make him fall out the tree and be injured in the feat. He wakes up the next morning and can’t get out because he had a dream with terrible vertigo. Or you could have something fantastical happen and it just be a dream…[Read more] -
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper preferably non-fantastitic or whatever the word is for that. 😀 It’s a children’s story. 😀
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@dragon-snapper thanks! I got my character literally stuck in a tree. He’s wanting to stay the night in the tree, and I can’t figure out how to make something exciting happen. *scratches forehead.* Ideas?
-
Snapper replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@kina-lamb I’ll join you.
-
Kina Lamb replied to the topic Writer's Corner #4 in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
Wow, I just got the writing itch really bad. And as we all know, when you get an itch you have to scratch it. So I’ll be writing for 22 minutes on who knows what. 😀
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Jane-Maree We writers call that Somewhere Very Weird our brains… XD
@Dragon-Snapper Write a first-person of a spaceship that gets bored with the places its captain always travels to so it decides to go rogue.
Write a third person of a people watching doorway.
-
Ethryndal replied to the topic Writing Dares! in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Jane-Maree We writers call that Somewhere Very Weird our brains… XD
@Dragon-Snapper Write a first-person of a spaceship that is so bored with the places its captain always travels to that it decides to go rogue.
Write a third person of a people watching doorway.
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Daeus yes, you have a point. Looking at it from that angle, and concentrating on the miracle itself rather than the allegory, I agree. If you had said that before I read it I probably would have been annoyed, but as it was I hardly even noticed.
And I just copied and pasted the above reply into my ‘THEME’ folder. 😀 -
Daeus replied to the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@kate-flournoy This relates to what was mentioned in the theme course about how you want to set yourself up against the very best arguments against your message you can find. You want to place yourself and the position of least advantage in order to show that your position is true.
-
Daeus replied to the topic G.K. Chesterton in the forum Book Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@northerner I don’t remember a miracle at the beginning of the story, but oh well.
I agree that reason isn’t what brings about a conversion, but, for one, just because reason isn’t the primary cause of a person’s salvation isn’t reason, doesn’t mean it isn’t a cause and an important one.
I don’t think there was anything wrong with the ending…[Read more]
-
Kate Flournoy replied to the topic Mr. Nice guy in the forum Short Story Critiques 9 years, 6 months ago
@R-J-Wordsmith YES! LONG LIVE VILLAINY!
*collapses into uncontrollable laughter* This is great. I love it. I can especially relate to However-you-spell-it because I’m just about as short as he is. 😀 -
Ethryndal replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Emma-Flournoy W-w-wait… *shaky breath* You haven’t seen the prequels? Okay, I admit, they were pretty dumb sometimes, but Obi-Wan literally made up for every cheesy line and poorly acted scene EVER.
@GracieGirl I just realized something! The tag for your first post actually showed up in my notifications! *high five* Victory! But then your next…[Read more]
-
Emma Flournoy replied to the topic Rogue One in the forum General Writing Discussions 9 years, 6 months ago
@Ethryndal Aaaah! I’d forgotten several of those. Help! K2K2K2K2K2
That does look interesting. *lowers voice* I’ll share the admission, I do that too. With things I’m not required to read at least. 😛
Ugh yes! No, Saw…is low on my list.
Meh, can’t look at Anakin. Haven’t seen the prequels. I can imagine it though.
@GracieGirl Uh-huh, yes.…[Read more]
- Load More
